Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Singles (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/)
-   -   South of Sixty (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/singles-124/south-sixty-256881/)

graciegirl 04-15-2018 09:38 AM

Looking for a shy of thirty club.

Kenswing 04-15-2018 09:44 AM

I love these discussions about age.. I remember when I dreaded turning thirty. Used to think forty was old. Now I think fifty is young. Can't wait to turn 60 so I can retire. Just hope I make it to 70 or 80. It's funny how our view of age changes as we get older.. We've all been there or at least hope to get there.

ColdNoMore 04-15-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwed (Post 1533197)
I think the over 60's should have a protest like the good old days at their next meeting. I have a song and a slogan for the men. :rolleyes:

We
Shall
Over
Comb

:1rotfl: :1rotfl: :1rotfl:

:boom:

Fraugoofy 04-15-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewismanning (Post 1518849)
I am looking to join the South of Sixty Club but haven't been able to find a POC.
Can anyone provide a POC?
Thanks, Lew

I went on FB and sent a request to the admin of that private group. Barney. They accepted my request. Looks like they are at 681 members as of today. So happy there is a place to meet people South of Sixty, in addition to my wonderful North of Sixty neighbors and friends...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

tomwed 04-15-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraugoofy (Post 1533357)
I went on FB and sent a request to the admin of that private group. Barney. They accepted my request. Looks like they are at 681 members as of today. So happy there is a place to meet people South of Sixty, in addition to my wonderful North of Sixty neighbors and friends...

My advice is if you like the group as you approach sixty, start heading East.

Fraugoofy 04-15-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwed (Post 1533374)
My advice is if you like the group and you approach sixty, start heading East.

I have so much to look forward to before turning 60! Retirement, maybe my boys getting married, selling my house up north, and settling in at The Villages full-time. I am thankful and grateful for each and every day I wake up! Perhaps by the time I turn 60 TV will look really different, who knows? That's many many moons away...for now I can appreciate all the differences and share in the joy and beauty of TV!!

graciegirl 04-15-2018 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraugoofy (Post 1533376)
I have so much to look forward to before turning 60! Retirement, maybe my boys getting married, selling my house up north, and settling in at The Villages full-time. I am thankful and grateful for each and every day I wake up! Perhaps by the time I turn 60 TV will look really different, who knows? That's many many moons away...for now I can appreciate all the differences and share in the joy and beauty of TV!!

I agree with your attitude. Live every day of your life. Make each day a clean slate. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Treasure the people who love you. Do the best that you can with the tools you were given. Some days are good and some aren't. Life itself is a blessing.

Kenswing 04-15-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1533435)
I agree with your attitude. Live every day of your life. Make each day a clean slate. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Treasure the people who love you. Do the best that you can with the tools you were given. Some days are good and some aren't. Life itself is a blessing.

Reminds of this.. To make each day count | Titanic - YouTube

Abby10 04-15-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1533435)

When I see something so beautifully written as this, I know it must come from the heart. Thanks for sharing with all of us.

ColdNoMore 04-15-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwed (Post 1533374)
My advice is if you like the group as you approach sixty, start heading East.

Or get a forged ID annually...showing 59 in perpetuity. :D

newgirl 05-28-2018 10:32 AM

South of sixty , check out the facebook page, fun group!

VillageIdiots 05-28-2018 12:05 PM

There is a facebook group, but joining that does not join you into the SOS club. Visit South of Sixty Club - Home for membership and other information. My wife and I found the facebook group last summer and then officially joined when we arrived here in April. We have been to a couple of meetings/events. Nice people and fun. There are some singles as well if that's of interest to you. You can PM me of you have other questions about it. Dues are 10 whole dollars per person per year.