Thinking of moving to TV

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Welcome to your new home! I think you'll find a lot of younger people in Pine Hills. I bought in Lake Deaton as it was being built 3 years ago and I was 54 at the time, and yet there are several people who are younger on my block. The "older" people (70's) are quite active, a lot of fun, and you'd be surprised at how well some of them golf. Many are playing pickleball and softball as well.
Thank you for encouragement! I am very excited so start a new life and to live life!!!
Hope to meet you, Tracy
Old 05-25-2017, 06:59 PM
Smile Maddie

Maddie, when will you be in TV? I am coming June 8 and looking forward to seeing TV.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:54 PM

Hi, sorry to disappoint you. I have a lot to take care of at my primary home in VA. It will be a few months before I go back. Are you renting a place there or doing Life Style? I rented a place there and it was half price of the Life Style and I made friends with my landlady. But, not many people want to rent for a week, two weeks are easier to get and now in June, should be easier than in May. Look in the real estate tab or website, something about home4rentatthevillages. But, I will advise anyone not to use real estate service of Jeff Sz. I got a private message (pm) from a member here asking me questions and telling some of the undesirable behaviors of this Jeff. He is not nice at all when you don't buy from him! I can recommend a good and nice MLS and VLS agent whom I had good experiences with. Remember, I am a realtor in VA too, so I know what a good professional realtor should be. Just send me a pm. I recommend you attend totv monthly meeting in June if they have one. Check totv for the posting. Great to meet people who are very helpful and kind. I wish you fun and friends like I got. You can develop friendship from there too.

I miss my friends, fun and my house there already. Hope to see you later and everyone. Be healthy and happy.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:40 AM

Hello everyone! well I started this thread in Feb, and here it is June and I am one week settled into my house in Pine Hills, and love it! boxes are gone, and I am starting the furniture shopping part My neighbors are perfect and wonderful, and everyone has been very gracious and kind. My dogs are also adjusting albeit, wondering what's going on!! From a rental to a home in a few months, so glad I did it! I am looking forward to getting to know the 'singles' and make friends. Thank you to ChaCha for keeping me in touch and in mind...See you soon
Old 06-06-2017, 08:57 PM
Sage

i hope ingenuity and tracy can meet during the short time she is here....many new people coming down soon! fun times!
Old 06-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyC View Post
Hello everyone! well I started this thread in Feb, and here it is June and I am one week settled into my house in Pine Hills, and love it! boxes are gone, and I am starting the furniture shopping part My neighbors are perfect and wonderful, and everyone has been very gracious and kind. My dogs are also adjusting albeit, wondering what's going on!! From a rental to a home in a few months, so glad I did it! I am looking forward to getting to know the 'singles' and make friends. Thank you to ChaCha for keeping me in touch and in mind...See you soon
Tracy, Congratulations on your new home; you sound very happy. Enjoy settling in and furniture shopping. Pine Hills is another area I will have to check out when I visit TV in September as I don't know if anyone was living in Pine Hills when I visited TV in 2014.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyC View Post
I have been thinking of moving to the Villages for a while, however I am a bit nervous of my younger age of 52. I am a single female and live an active lifestyle, cycling, walking, volunteering with my pet therapy dog, kayaking, and hoping golfing! I would like to meet people near my age group and wonder if I would make friends being younger than the average age at TV. I still work from home, but want to get involved in a positive community and outgoing individuals. Please note, I enjoy all age groups, but I want to know your thoughts on the younger side and the opportunities to meet and 'belong' to the community. Also, any thoughts on where location wise (I have scoured the website and hard to decide if new or current homes are best) for a younger community. Any thoughts in general to assist me would be helpful. I have downloaded the ebook on TV, and plan to spend the month of April getting a better feel for locations.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
much appreciated, Tracy
Tracy, Don't Think about it, just DO it. U will fined every thing U want here in The Villages
Old 07-01-2017, 09:51 AM

How did it work out for you? I am coming out on Aug.16 for a few days to try and secure a rental or house share so I can try it out for a year. I'm nervous about leaving my home in California, but really want a change. Was it difficult to meet active people who are a bit younger? Did you buy or were you able to get a rental at a good price? What do you do with so many rainy days?

Nancy
Old 07-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Alexander View Post
...I am coming out on Aug.16 for a few days to try and secure a rental or house share so I can try it out for a year. I'm nervous about leaving my home in California, but really want a change...

Nancy
Since you want to rent for a year, you have many options. Here's a website with over a 1,000 Villages Rentals for you to choose from.

VillagersHomes4Rent.com

Since you're worried about meeting other folks, here's the Village of Virginia Trace website with a load of links on many clubs and other activities.

VIRGINIA TRACE, THE VILLAGES, FLORIDA
Old 07-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Sage

in case Tracy doesn't see this question, i can tell you that Tracy bought a home almost immediately and is happily on her way to her new social life. and a friend who drove out with her has also gone home to sell their house to buy here. you will like it. i won't be here to do a meet and greet in Aug but will be able to do one in Sept if you return

Tags
thoughts, younger, age, community, meet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.