Unclub will be no more!

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Sage
Default Unclub will be no more!

Due to problems with getting out an email to almost three hundred people, we are discontinuing the email list for the Unclub. I encourage newbies to post on this thread to meet other single newbies but I am retiring from hosting Meet and Greets and trying to organize outings....although the email list is so large, the participation from signees is very sporadic and Katie and I both feel that the younger single villagers should take over the reins. So I hope I will see some new names and faces on this forum or it will be taken down as it was years ago for a while. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2019, 08:46 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Thank you for all your efforts over many years, Cha. You made my first visit pleasant and memorable a few years ago. I’m sure you have helped many singles by welcoming them, holding meet and greets to introduce them to other singles. Moving to a new community as a single and where a person knows no one is intimidating.

I hope someone steps up and welcomes the currently arriving new single Villagers.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 03-06-2019 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-06-2019, 09:38 AM

Thank you so much for all your valued efforts Cha and Katie. When I first arrived in 2017 and went to your Valentine's party, not knowing anyone, you all made me feel very welcome and special. I wish you all the best going forward.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You could try a closed Facebook account to communicate.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Sage
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm1cc View Post
You could try a closed Facebook account to communicate.
thank you for that suggestion, but neither Katie nor I are very tech savvy and truthfully have lost interest in all the time and effort we have expended in the past...as i said, the newer singles who have more to gain by meeting a great circle of friends should be the ones making the effort henceforth...we have both met hundreds of great people doing this and certainly have no regrets but it is time to pass on the torch maybe you could do that facebook page!! feel free to use the title Unclub if you wish.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
thank you for that suggestion, but neither Katie nor I are very tech savvy and truthfully have lost interest in all the time and effort we have expended in the past...as i said, the newer singles who have more to gain by meeting a great circle of friends should be the ones making the effort henceforth...we have both met hundreds of great people doing this and certainly have no regrets but it is time to pass on the torch maybe you could do that facebook page!! feel free to use the title Unclub if you wish.
A CHA CHA CHA CHAllange.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Default Thanks For All You Did and more

CHACHA and Katie, esp. and everyone I met and know from meeting you all thru the UNCLUB events. THANK you for your friendship and the time and efforts to provide this fun service to us for so long.

Yes, there are several other groups and ways to meet other singles certainly in THE VILLAGES.

Please remember you can still post on the Facebook page The Villages Single Seniors, but it is not a club, just a place to post what is or has been happening with some of us single seniors. Since I created it, if you wish to make it into a communication page/method for us former UNCLUBBERS, just PM me here and we can change permissions so you have the access. I also don't want to manage it for that purpose, but if you want to, it has some longevity and members already.

Thanks again,
KarenGFW (Karen Mueller)
Old 03-07-2019, 09:58 PM
Sage

thanks Karen, and also thank you for the many lovely parties we have enjoyed at your Party House i know that was a lot of work for you, too...somehow i became an administrator on the Villages Single Seniors facebook page and have been responding to people's questions but can't seem to post anything there. and i don't want to! but someone else might. several people have tried to use it as a meeting service but i don't think it works for that purpose...
Old 03-22-2019, 02:57 PM

By its very unnature, the singles unclub will continue to exist as long as some unmembers want it to exist. It was never anything more than single people connected via email, with some new singles coming in via TOTV , and I will continue to use the email list I have for the unclub. I stopped adding people to it when Katie assumed the task of maintaining and updating the list with all the new people. so my list is much shorter and is mainly of people from 3 or 4 years ago or longer.
Closed Thread

Tags
email, list, meet, single, unclub

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.