Softball

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Default Softball

I just got to Buttonwood and I want to revisit my ballplaying days. I am looking for someone to play catch with so I can see if I have anything left in the tank. Ive torn my rotator cuff twice so im not sure about throwing yet. I dont want to invest in a new equipment if I cant cut it anymore. Thanks all...
Old 04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Sage

Why chance a third tear - play pickleball instead.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-10-2011, 04:54 PM
Default Softball

I play on the Buttonwood Softball team. This fall we will be having two teams and I'd be happy to get together, have a catch, and explain everything about playing softball in the Villages.
As far as Pickleball goes, it will tear your body up more than any other sport in The Villages. Just ask some medical professionals.
Gordy
Old 04-10-2011, 06:23 PM

[QUOTE=r_foye;345780]I just got to Buttonwood and I want to revisit my ballplaying days. I am looking for someone to play catch with so I can see if I have anything left in the tank. Ive torn my rotator cuff twice so im not sure about throwing yet. I dont want to invest in a new equipment if I cant cut it anymore. Thanks all...[/QUOTE

I spent the day visiting a childhood friend in his late 50's who is suffering from ALS. It reminded me how important it is to play each day to the best of our potential, so seeing your post was good timing.

I played quite a bit of baseball and softball throughout my youth and adult life. After back surgery and a number of on-going back and neck issues, I have been sidelined too long, so I'd love to throw the ball around. We also live in Buttonwood, but we are back in MA. I'll be back in TV later this month and I'll send you a PM with my cell number. I'm certain I could not not play at the level I was once did ( who could ), but I'm hopeful that I can, once again, enjoy playing the game...

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 04-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Platinum member
Default Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_foye View Post
I just got to Buttonwood and I want to revisit my ballplaying days. I am looking for someone to play catch with so I can see if I have anything left in the tank. Ive torn my rotator cuff twice so im not sure about throwing yet. I dont want to invest in a new equipment if I cant cut it anymore. Thanks all...

I also just moved to Buttonwood. I'd also like to see if I have it anymore. Once a thirdbaseman with a rifle arm I am not sure if I can reach the pitchers mound anymore. I still have my glove. I'd love to get together and throw it around...maybe shag some grounders. I didn't think of bringing my bat or ball. If interested PM me. Tom.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDY View Post
I play on the Buttonwood Softball team. This fall we will be having two teams and I'd be happy to get together, have a catch, and explain everything about playing softball in the Villages.
As far as Pickleball goes, it will tear your body up more than any other sport in The Villages. Just ask some medical professionals.
Gordy
Yes Gordy. I'd also like to learn more about the softball league. I live in Buttonwood with my Iris backing up to Triggerfish. In my prime, I was an infielder known for my glove, arm and speed. Without these qualities I fear I could be finished. But I'd like to find out. Thanks, Tom
Old 04-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Default Snowbird Softball ??

I hope to be a snowbird in about 5 years...if you are only renting in TV for 2 months, can you still participate in a softball league, if not as a regular, then as a sub? I am 59, and still play fast pitch softball on a weekly basis in the Summer...bunting, stealing, all the stuff I did, and still do, 40 years ago...probably a step or two slower, but a lot smarter !!!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:56 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan

I hear that Bonita is going to have a 2nd div 4/5 team in the fall too. So if we play both Buttonwood teams, we have the potential of 4 ties in one season. Quite a record.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Veteran member
Default Iris backing up to Triggerfish

[QUOTE=Tom Hannon;345864] I live in Buttonwood with my Iris backing up to Triggerfish.

Tom: Did it hurt??

Just kidding, I too will look to dusting off the old gloves when we make our move and look forward to following your future comments on how the softball thing works out for all of you.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 AM

People should really check out the softball in The Villages, its the largest softball organization in the country with over 2500 players, playing in different leagues and also Village leagues. Everything naturally in the Villages is A-1, e.g. the dugouts, fields maintenance, unpires, concession stands, cheerleaders, and safety, safety, safety.
I play on a division league and Village league which plays on Saturdays only.
Its great fun! The even have an announcer up in the booth, check out Saddlebrook and Buffalo league fields. A lot of the games or on Monday and Thursday and Saturday.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Default Softball pitching

We have a home in TV but are still working near Ft. Myers so we only get up to TV occasionally. Hopefully within the next two years we will be frogs. I would like to play softball once I am there fulltime. Can anyone advise the type of pitching played in TV games. Slow pitch, lob pitch, arc pitch, fast pitch?
Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.