softball help

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Veteran member

Evaluations are every Tuesday at 7:30. You must do 3 evaluations then you are placed at a level of between 1 and 5. The evaluations are a good way to knock the rust off. At the evaluations you will also find out about different open practices. All you need to do is bring a glove and show up. Bats and balls are supplied. If it is the middle of the season you can be a sub at your level of play. I think this season is in its 3rd week.

Last edited by elevatorman; 09-26-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglenhar View Post
What do we have to know to start playing softball? When are try outs? When does the season begin? If the season has started can you still get involved? What about practices (rust being a real concern).
There are evaluations on tuesday mornings.The first time you go you should be there(Buffalo Glenn) for 7:30 a.m. so you can fill out all the appropriate paperwork.You need to go to three evaluations within a year.These evaluations are required to play in any league in the villages.You'll be evaluated on your skills and put in the division that matches your abilities.The division are 1 to 5 with 1 being the most skilled.Fall season started the week after labor day so it's too late to be drafted but you can still sub in your division.This time of year subs are needed quite often.This will give the people you're playing with an idea of your skilss for the upcoming winter season.The draft for the winter season I believe is sometime around Christmas.Open practices occur almost daily usually around 1 in the afternoon at saddle brook fields.These practices are for anyone ,even if you haven't been evaluated yet.Show up and have some fun these practices are real casual.You'll also find out alot about the guys & gals playing this wonderful sport.Have fun & if there's any other questions you need answered don't hesitate to ask.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Bosoxfan

Old 10-17-2010, 05:26 AM
Question Softball Question

I play softball in Chicago and in June had my softball evaluation. I was rated as a 1. I bought a house in the Village of Hemingway and rented it from January thru May. My wife & I will be staying in the Villages for the next 6 months. We will arrive on November 1. How do I get assign to a softball team?
Old 10-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Gold member

Greysun - You can call me at 430-2076. Thanx

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 10-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ CHICAGO View Post
I play softball in Chicago and in June had my softball evaluation. I was rated as a 1. I bought a house in the Village of Hemingway and rented it from January thru May. My wife & I will be staying in the Villages for the next 6 months. We will arrive on November 1. How do I get assign to a softball team?
There are evaluations on tuesday mornings.The first time you go you should be there(Buffalo Glenn) for 7:30 a.m. so you can fill out all the appropriate paperwork.You need to go to three evaluations within a year.These evaluations are required to play in any league in the villages.You'll be evaluated on your skills and put in the division that matches your abilities.The division are 1 to 5 with 1 being the most skilled.If you get your evals done right away you'll be able to sign up for sub during the fall season.The winter season starts after christmas
Old 10-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Sage

About how much time is involved in being on a softball team? Number of weekly games, number and duration of practices, etc.

Thanks

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan
Default It depends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
About how much time is involved in being on a softball team? Number of weekly games, number and duration of practices, etc.

Thanks

If you just want to play on a neighborhood team, then it is just Saturday's.

Recreation League will be about 2 days during the week. Days depend on the Division.

If you just want to substitute, then it's when you decide to sign in to sub, though you might not get to play on certain times as subs are picked based on a lottery type selection. Depends on game, time of game, and time of year.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.