softball interest

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Default softball interest

Thinking of moving down would love to get the chance to play again. Is there anyone here that could give me some information.
Thanks radar
Old 08-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Sage

Hello radar. Welcome to Talk of the Villages (TOTV). Here is a link to The Villages (TV) Recreation News. There is so much to do here. Take a look at the schedules. It is amazing. I believe the softball schedule is on page 30. Also, page 45.

Have you been to TV before?

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...es/recnews.pdf
Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Default re

We are scheduled to come down in 2 weeks.we are very excited, thanks
Old 08-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Sage

If you are doing the Lifestyle Preview Plan visit you will be amazed at the accomadations and TV in general. It is really another world. I hope you have a really nice time.

This forum is a wealth of information about TV. If there's anything you have questions about, just ask. Someone will find an answer for you.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Sage

Radar, if you like softball, you will be pleasantly surprised!! It is the #1 sport in TV. I believe the VHA newsletter cited a statistic that showed 10,000 (yep that,s really the number) games played in 2009. Have fun !!!!
Old 08-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Platinum member

Although I will not beliving in TV until January of 2011, my baseball glove has already been shipped to my Buttonwood residence. A Pee Wee Reese model. The glove has to be fifty years old but after relacing it twice it still is in great shape.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:05 AM

In order to play softball you must be evaluated. Evaluations are held Tuesdays at 7:30 AM at the Buffalo Glenn sports complex. You need 3 sessions to complete the process. You will then placed in a division according to your ability rather than an age group. Next season starts in most divisions the 1st week of September. A season lasts approx 3 months then a month off before next season
Old 08-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Platinum member

They also have Neighborhood leagues. I saw my friend play last month. Not as serious competition. After not playing for 20 years, I think I'd be better playing in that kind of league until I get into a better condition. From what I hear, I can now longer knock over the second baseman to break up the double play or do any of my head first slides I used to be famous for.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:17 AM

Neighborhood league still need to be evaluated. I didn't mention before but you need to sign a injury waiver
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.