Softball Suggestion

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2015, 08:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
How all-knowing of you. But anyway, nobody is asking for night baseball.

And as we all also know, nothing new or different is ever added to TV.
Well, if no one is asking for night baseball, then lights are not needed. Which is what the developer has already figured out.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:12 AM
Sage
Default Softball Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Well, if no one is asking for night baseball, then lights are not needed. Which is what the developer has already figured out.
You may want to re-read your last couple of posts...along with the title of the thread.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:13 AM
Platinum member

I called the Villages Recreation office and they estimate that the number of Villagers playing softball during the year is roughly 3000.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
I called the Villages Recreation office and they estimate that the number of Villagers playing softball during the year is roughly 3000.
That's less than 3% of total villagers.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:50 AM
Platinum member
Default Useage of facilities.

Quote:
I wonder what the percentage is of most of the activities. Maybe these 3000 are supporting activities they don't participate in.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:57 AM
Sage

I think the percent participating opposition line is weak. I would think a relatively small percentage of Villagers are involved in any single activity. And it appears to me that softball is right up there as one of the main activities in TV. The newspaper even compared its popularity to golf in a recent edition.

And personally, I'm not necessarily advocating for lights for the fields...just afternoon/evening softball, for which any added cost would be minimal.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:16 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I wonder how that compares to archery, trap shooting, picnic persons, woodworking, and other interests that have dedicated facilities paid for by amenity fees. My thoughts is that softball participation is pretty high. I'm guessing that the softball participation in the community may be one of the largest senior softball programs in the country.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

According to TV salesperson, bowling is number one, followed by pickleball, water volleyball, then golf. Surprising.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:23 AM
Platinum member
Default More than players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
I wonder how that compares to archery, trap shooting, picnic persons, woodworking, and other interests that have dedicated facilities paid for by amenity fees. My thoughts is that softball participation is pretty high. I'm guessing that the softball participation in the community may be one of the largest senior softball programs in the country.
It is more than players. We were involved in church softball for years growing up. The teams played on county and now city fields payed for with tax dollars. Fun relaxing way to spend hours each week with family and friends. My point is that fees paid should be spread,out for all even though you may not acttively use some parts of what it provides. Somewhere fees are being used for what you like to do.
Closed Thread

Tags
play, games, night, softball, provide, evening, comfortable, villages, suggestion, idea, lights, experience, recreation, watch, standards, light, give, alternate, leagues, installing, fun, day, bad, department, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.