Type Of Softball Pitching

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2012, 01:23 AM
Smile Type Of Softball Pitching

Can anyone advise the type of softball pitching played in TV leagues. Ex. Fastpitch, slowpitch, arcpitch, etc.
Thanks Friends
Old 05-31-2012, 07:31 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue72 View Post
Can anyone advise the type of softball pitching played in TV leagues. Ex. Fastpitch, slowpitch, arcpitch, etc.
Thanks Friends
Slowpitch with arch.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 05-31-2012, 09:50 AM

Thanks, so arch it is.
Old 05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
Sage

Also...to play you have to go to three "try-outs" so the officials can determine what division to put you in. They are done on Tuesdays!
Old 05-31-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
Slowpitch with arch.
Are all the leagues in TV softball program slow pitch with arch?

Thanks again friends.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Platinum member

As far as I know they are.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Default Villages Softball

Here is the link to the softball stuff from the District Government site. Somewhere in here should be the answer to most of your questions. There are many different levels and leagues here in The Villages. You'll most likely find something that suites you.

Village Community Development Districts

Hopefully the link will work, if not it's under "www.districtgov.org", then from the menu bar select 'departments', then from the drop down list select "Recreation", then select "softball" from the quick links on the left.

Come on out, it's a lot of fun and you get to meet a lot of nice people.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Veteran member

all leagues are 6' to 12' arc...we have 5 divisions in mens and i believe 2 div's in ladies and also a sat neighborhood league to be elegible to play you must go thru evaluations at Buffalo Glen on Tues morn. contact Saddlebrook Rec. center they will have all the info.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Default Softball by the numbers

Although everyone has probably already seen it, "By The Numbers" in the latest issue of the Villages Homeowners Association newsletter "The Village Voice" has the following information concerning softball in TV:

1. There is still only one full-time employee (the Director) and five part-time maintenance personnel.

2. The Winter Season (2556 players, 163 games per week) is slightly larger than the Fall Season (2412 players, 140 games per week) , and the Summer Season (1452 players, 96 games per week) is the smallest.

3. There are 1296 softball games in the Summer, 2282 games in the Winter, and 2030 in the Fall, for a total of 5608 softball games played in the last year. The Summer season is 13.5 weeks, Fall is 14.5 weeks and Winter season is 14 weeks long.

4. There are 596 softball volunteer that make the program successful – evaluators, umpires, scorers, managers and coaches, and league representatives.

5. Last year 24 volunteer evaluators qualified 378 new softball players (each evaluated three times).
Old 06-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Default Softball pitching

Thank you my friends for all the information about the softball leagues and types of pitching. We have a home in the village of Santa Domingo but live full time in Cape Coral due to employment. I havent played in over 40 years and look forward to playing in TV once we move up full time. I just retired and was at a local batting cage to get back into the swing of things. My better half has about two years to go and we will be frogs.
Thanks again for all the information. Be Well my friends.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:58 PM

I pitch in div V. The last 3 seasons, I have been on loosing teams. Most recently, I pitched for a team with a 5W and 18L. I can only put the ball over the plate and then everything else is up to the defense. In the Daily News, I was the only name listed as a looser 18 times. I have ask that the L pitcher be omitted from the write up as a looser. Infact, eliminate both the W and L as they are not responsible for the outcome of the game.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Veteran member
Default Ur next contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquia023 View Post
I pitch in div V. The last 3 seasons, I have been on loosing teams. Most recently, I pitched for a team with a 5W and 18L. I can only put the ball over the plate and then everything else is up to the defense. In the Daily News, I was the only name listed as a looser 18 times. I have ask that the L pitcher be omitted from the write up as a looser. Infact, eliminate both the W and L as they are not responsible for the outcome of the game.
Sounds to me like u need to get that put in ur next contract!!
If you are new just starting after many years on the bench,,, just come out enjoy,,, we have a great time,,, I never worry if we win or lose,,, I am out moving around enjoying the fellowship, and the cold beer afterward,,, the more beer the better we were, Te umpires have as much fun as we do,,, oh there are some players that are wound to tight,,, we just giggle at the guy who is a blood and guts type,,,, he is usually the one who has to buy the beer! See u at 2nd base!
Old 12-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Sage

Are there any fields south of 466a? or planned

I didn't see any

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.