The cart is now here!!!

The cart is now here!!!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

The cart is now here!!!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Solar Golf Carts

Default The cart is now here!!!

I know many have asked where is it.

Well getting side tracked with two big projects on my home, it did go live as planned a few months ago to show it.

Anyway here's a few pic's today in Brownwood after a 46 mile test run, battery bank still showed 45% reserve left.

This is not a fancy cart it is the proto type, bare bones, it is running on 4 not 6 batteries.

Four 12V AGM (glass matt batteries)

When I return after the summer it will be available for sale to anyone interested.
Attached Thumbnails
sam_0797-jpg   sam_0799-jpg   sam_0800-jpg  

Nice....
Old 06-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Sage

Default Nice....

Congrats....

When you say 45% left, what was the voltage of the pack?

How did you do the test? Did you drive 46 miles straight or drive 10 and let solar work, then 10 more, or....?

I have a few buddies very interested so collecting information for them...

thanks

Last edited by ajbrown; 06-07-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: pictures now there
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Solar Golf Carts

I did the run straight, just slowing on turns and stop signs
I also had a passenger checking the gps mileage.

The solar is always charging including the time driving.

Had 48.25 volts left.

Today was overcast to great degree.
Not if they are white
Old 06-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Default Not if they are white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Golf Carts View Post

Well getting side tracked with two big project on my house it did go live as planned a few months ago.

Anyway here's a few pic's today in Brownwood after a 46 mile test run, battery still showed 45% left.

This is not a fancy cart is the proto type, bare bones it is running 4 not 6 batteries. Four 12V AGM (glass matt batteries)

When I return after the summer it will be available for anyone interested.
Well done Bob,

You have very good business potential here that will just fly, very surprised that no-one has done it before. especially with all the work you have been doing at home.

But don't forget that it is not the specific capacity of the batteries after one long run that matters, but the potential to recharge significantly over the length of the day (daylight) that really matters, the chance of you doing a straight 46 miles over a very short time is quite remote, so if that distance was done over time, there would be ample top-up charging time during the day to extend the range significantly.

Now the bad news, I am not buying one if they are white, i don't like the colour.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Sage

Great info.

Next year, one test I would love to see is using the same cart on two 40'ish miles runs.

1. using solar as you did
2. next day, disconnect solar, but use exact same cart

This removes all the variables that others may introduce and skew data.

It is really interesting stuff. I wish you great success.

-alan
Old 06-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by junction29 View Post

Now the bad news, I am not buying one if they are white, i don't like the colour.

We hate the plain Jane white too, I'll be getting a new body for it just to be respectable.

Some solar color scheme.......
Old 06-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Gold member

Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

So I think I noticed no lights. It could have some right? Is it set up so you can charge normal or just solar. Just curious.

I just got back from Hawaii and because of the tax incentives their high kwh cost and the long hours of sunlight year around everybody is going solar unless their credit is crap. I have a friend who hated retirement and she is selling the units. The financed cost is less than the savings on the electric bill giving the homeowner a positive cash flow. The figures were fascinating, but as I said Hawaii has a very high electric cost. She had just met with a client before our lunch who was extending his panels by adding a patio cover so he would generate enough power to offset the charging of his leaf car.

The world sure I changing.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Sage

Yes there are LED head lights, this cart has not been plugged into a charger in several years.

The charger receptacle is there, just don't use it..
Old 06-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Veteran member

Location: Full Time in the Village of Gilchrist (aka Party Central)

Quote:

Well getting side tracked with two big projects on my home, it did go live as planned a few months ago to show it.

Anyway here's a few pic's today in Brownwood after a 46 mile test run, battery bank still showed 45% reserve left.

This is not a fancy cart it is the proto type, bare bones, it is running on 4 not 6 batteries.

When I return after the summer it will be available for sale to anyone interested.
Did you tow it there with the truck????
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Sage

Quote:

Is the solar panel available as a retro fit or do you have to buy the whole cart?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread