The cart is now here!!!

The cart is now here!!!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 04:09 AM
Solar Golf Carts

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMtnBoy View Post
Did you tow it there with the truck????
I love that WVMtnBoy sense of humor, must be the altitude

Old 06-14-2013, 04:12 AM
Solar Golf Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent Me Golf Carts View Post
We've asked several dealers about installing a sunbrella and haven't had any luck finding anyone who could install a sunbrella.
We are dealers for sunbrella enclosures contact us via PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2013, 04:15 AM
Solar Golf Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Is the solar panel available as a retro fit or do you have to buy the whole cart?
Hi Doc, we primarily are doing these solar systems as retro-fits on any cart that you have.

I may do entire carts later on.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:19 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
We hate the plain Jane white too, I'll be getting a new body for it just to be respectable.

Some solar color scheme.......
It would be neat if you could get a replica of the old British car, Sunbeam. Remember the little car on "Get Smart"?

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rent Me Golf Carts View Post
We have a 4-seater cart that has solar panels on top and a charger receptacle. I'll post a photo tomorrow.

I noticed you don't have a sunbrella on the cart. We bought our solar cart and it doesn't have a sunbrella either. We've asked several dealers about installing a sunbrella and haven't had any luck finding anyone who could install a sunbrella.
Try Eugene for a custom enclosures. They make all of the Sunbrella enclosures at his shop. They may be a good fit for you

Eugene's Quality Golf Cart Enclosures
Old 06-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Sage

J29, Here's a colour picked just for you and Wendy! Red like London busses, a solar with fringe on top...like it?
Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by junction29 View Post
Well done Bob,

You have very good business potential here that will just fly, very surprised that no-one has done it before. especially with all the work you have been doing at home.

But don't forget that it is not the specific capacity of the batteries after one long run that matters, but the potential to recharge significantly over the length of the day (daylight) that really matters, the chance of you doing a straight 46 miles over a very short time is quite remote, so if that distance was done over time, there would be ample top-up charging time during the day to extend the range significantly.

Now the bad news, I am not buying one if they are white, i don't like the colour.
Attached Thumbnails
solarcart-jpg  
Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Golf Carts View Post
I know many have asked where is it.

Well getting side tracked with two big projects on my home, it did go live as planned a few months ago to show it.

Anyway here's a few pic's today in Brownwood after a 46 mile test run, battery bank still showed 45% reserve left.

This is not a fancy cart it is the proto type, bare bones, it is running on 4 not 6 batteries.

Four 12V AGM (glass matt batteries)

When I return after the summer it will be available for sale to anyone interested.
How slick is that? Another good reason to live here in TV ... creative people pushing the envelope ... in a manner of speaking.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:55 PM
Sage

So what would it cost to have this solar panel installed on my 2002 Club Car?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Sage

$1299 but with the 30% tax credit about $800
Old 06-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
$1299 but with the 30% tax credit about $800
How do I know if my cart is worth investing that kind of money? I mean what if I spend $1,200 on this and the motor dies next week.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread