Solar Golf Carts

Solar Golf Carts

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Solar Golf Carts

I like to leave it outside,

but to know the battery packs voltage is the real answer or control of that question.

As to how long after 10 miles I don't know exactly, but remember as you're driving that 10 miles you are constantly charging.

If the pack is say over 70% you can bring it in I think.

But if the pack was low say 20-50% you would want to leave out or plug it in.

Again this is the reason we decided to include a high quality digital gauge, to give you exact "state of charge" we will also supply a chart to detail it.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Golf Carts View Post
I can tell you that elec and gas are the same price, while yes the range on gas is over 200 miles I don't think they R more robust, unless you're referring to something in particular.

Maintenance is not much, water levels need to be correct, connections on batteries tight and corrosion free, clean the solar glass as needed.

Thanks for the info.....

First - I'm just starting to study up on this stuff....I've only made one dealer stop and they are more focused on gas sales - so the info might have been a bit biased. He did say that a 2 seater is absolute largest you can get any decent range on. I was hoping for an optional 2 rear folding seats in case of visitors. He also said batteries would need to be replaced every 4 - 5 years. Opinion?

Danke'

Gary

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Solar Golf Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewiz View Post
First - I'm just starting to study up on this stuff....I've only made one dealer stop and they are more focused on gas sales - so the info might have been a bit biased. He did say that a 2 seater is absolute largest you can get any decent range on. I was hoping for an optional 2 rear folding seats in case of visitors. He also said batteries would need to be replaced every 4 - 5 years. Opinion?
Gary, I'll take a guess that it was Village golf carts?
If so they push 95% gas so there may be a lot of bias there, I stopped in there 2 weeks ago the few elec's were way in the back.

I don't know how a dealer can make a blanket statement about 2 v 4 seater range, while any extra weight will decrease range the ? is how much, I don't know but speaking to the Club Car dealer he never said anything about that.

Come to think about it you can have 4 folks at 125lbs or 250lbs??

Suprised they said batteries last 4-5 years, that's not terrible but most posts here I've read report less.

But with solar due the regular charging batteries (if maintained) will last upto 6 or more years.

You're not buying now, let's talk in Dec.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar Golf Carts View Post
Gary, I'll take a guess that it was Village golf carts?
If so they push 95% gas so there may be a lot of bias there, I stopped in there 2 weeks ago the few elec's were way in the back.

I don't know how a dealer can make a blanket statement about 2 v 4 seater range, while any extra weight will decrease range the ? is how much, I don't know but speaking to the Club Car dealer he never said anything about that.

Come to think about it you can have 4 folks at 125lbs or 250lbs??

Suprised they said batteries last 4-5 years, that's not terrible but most posts here I've read report less.

But with solar due the regular charging batteries (if maintained) will last upto 6 or more years.

You're not buying now, let's talk in Dec.

Bob - you are right on many scores. I might not even move down here until after the new year...so no rush. I keep reading - my bias it towards electric so if there is a way to make that work, I'd much rather do that.

Gary

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Sulfation
Old 10-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Veteran member

Default Sulfation

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 02-12-2013 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Add
Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Solar Golf Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepingItReal View Post
[I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Electric Carts Do Cause Increased "Destination Anxiety" (Worrying If You Will Actually Get To Your Destination)
I couldn't agree more, it's just like driving on the road in your car without a fuel gauge, you would not know when you run out of gas...

Why carts are not made with a simple "state of charge" voltage meter is beyond me.

We install such a guage in all our solar installs, or will add one to any cart.

That is a soultion to "Destination Anxiety"......relax

Closed Thread