Disappointing behavior by DJ at Spanish Springs town square

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2015, 01:37 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschallon View Post
why does it matter if this is someones first post here. what matters is a lot of people who saw what happened were upset.so much so that the police were called in. If it was a mix up with the equipment then they should of announced it.and they knew the crowd was very upset
what were the police called for? or...huh? what are you saying happened?
Old 07-11-2015, 01:42 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
why does it matter if this is someones first post here. what matters is a lot of people who saw what happened were upset.so much so that the police were called in. If it was a mix up with the equipment then they should of announced it.and they knew the crowd was very upset
The police were called for what ? Going to the next song ?
Old 07-11-2015, 01:43 PM

some people were yelling at the dj. others confronting the soundman and letting them know that what they did was wrong.people were very upset
Old 07-11-2015, 01:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
some people were yelling at the dj. others confronting the soundman and letting them know that what they did was wrong.people were very upset
so, some immature people were upset that the DJ and sound man changed the song? and police were called? really???
Old 07-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Were they called to calm down the crowd or police the DJ?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 07-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
My guess is this had nothing to do with 2 guys dancing. All of the bands, singers, etc. will go from one song to another. From a fast to a slow. DJ's usually have things already preset on their computer as to the order of songs. It could have even been a glitch in one of the songs. I doubt it had anything to do with the 2 guys.
Bonnie,

The voice of reason, as always.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Platinum member
Default Switching songs.

Do djs do this when women dance together closely or does this happen when men dance together. I was not there but I would love to see the square full of male couples dancing together wherever this dj works. Maybe someone in the audience objected to them.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Maybe the DJ should have been asked to play Y.M.C.A. by The Village People to keep everybody happy.
I was there last night when they played YMCA.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Maybe the DJ should have been asked to play Y.M.C.A. by The Village People to keep everybody happy.
Agree
Old 07-11-2015, 03:12 PM
TOTV Moderator

All posts not directly addressing the OP topic will be removed. There were a number of posts accusing the OP and several other newer posters of being plants or trolls. In computer forums this can happen, however, unless or until there are facts or proof that a post is contrived, we allow it to stand on its own merits.

Using tools at our disposal, we see nothing to prove the OP and others are anything other than what they have claimed.

Please continue on with the topic. Any other posts, including those that quote or respond to this one, will be removed.

Old 07-11-2015, 03:21 PM

too many assumptions by too many people who need to grow up!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 07-11-2015, 03:34 PM

As I said before, I go almost every night and have never seen a dj change the music in the middle of a slow song like that before. He also made no attempt that I could see to try to talk to the 2 men involved or anyone else. Not sure who called the police, but they were there as well and also not pleasant. All of my experiences at the squares have been very positive but not last night. Sorry, I think it was intentional.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
The DJ was Bobby Iavo. In order for him to turn the sound up, he would have to tell the sound man to do it. So they must have been in cahoots to change the song, tempo and sound because 2 guys were dancing. Hmmmmm.....
That's not true. A person on the stage usually has the ability to turn up the sound.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts
Default Reaction of the dancers

Quote:

What was the reaction of the two male dancers to the change in music? Did they say anything to others or to the DJ? What did the police do when they got there?
Old 07-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If I understand the OP correctly, this was not going on to the next song. It was deliberately cutting one song short and starting another one. If this was the case and it was obvious to Al. There that it was done because a gay couple was dancing together, then the DJ's actions were morally reprehensible. If it was close to the end of the slow song, it could have been inadvertent and should be forgiven.

I wasn't there and don't know the facts but from the sound of things, it probably was good that I wasn't present. I do have a tendency to stand up and shout when I see bigotry in action.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

Tags
dance, square, dancing, town, music, poor, reason, loud, slow, night, made, tolerant, guests, change, bad, intentionally, verbal, felt, cover, altercations, deny, man, sound, apologies, publicly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.