Tarps for sun protection

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2021, 11:04 AM
Veteran member
Default Tarps for sun protection

With all the emphasis on sun block and concern for skin cancer, just wondering why the Villages doesn't seem to be interested in tarps for at least the most popular outdoor sports such as pickleball and water volleyball.

They're a common sight in Arizona retirement communities and elsewhere. (For those that want to say "then move to Arizona," no thanks, I work for change where I'm at, just like American colonists, women voters and many others have done.)
Old 07-29-2021, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

While I completely understand your concerns, with the constantly changing Florida weather, tarps are probably problematic. First they would need to withstand the sometimes torrential rains, the sometimes very strong winds. Then the structure would need to with stand that additional loads from the previously mentioned events. It would be impracticable to have these put up and removed as necessary each day. Screening (we have a 50% sunblock in our lanai) might be suitable as this has proven to withstand the Florida weather, but I have know idea as to the possible installation concerns. Try contacting property management directly with your concerns they will be able to address these directly.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:36 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Tarps

Not to mention hurricane codes.

Tags
tarps, arizona, sun, communities, retirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.