Any sports researchers in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Default Any sports researchers in TV?

Anyone know of a good sports research club in TV? Not those who collect cards and sell them at outrageous prices. I'm speaking of folks who actually research sports. Example:

Went to the "Sports Memoribilia" sale they had a few weeks ago. I was looking for a copy of the Georgia-Alabama League Record book. (pub 1952) or maybe a copy of the Alabama-Florida League Record Book. Guess what?
No books, noone had a clue. If it wasn't some kind of card, huh????

I do meaningful minor league baseball research. Example. Name the team nickname for the Scottdale, PA minor league baseball franchise in the 1892 Penn State Lg? Best nickname ever. The "Hungarian Rioters". But that's easy if your a true minor league affecianado. Another that has since gone away with the steroids thing. When asked this question, what would YOUR answer be? (Before the McGwire, Sosa, Bonds chemical show). What professional ball player hit the most home runs in one season? It wasn't Aaron or Ruth or Maris ......................... his name was Joe Baumann. Yep, never heard of him? He played for the Pampa Oilers in the Class C Longhorn League in 1954.
Hit 72 out of the park. I found that out doing research. Arguably, not a big deal, but a real good bar bet.
So, I'm looking for such a group to swap data and do some trivia with. Anyone know of such a group, please give me a shout.
Oh and if you're not up on minor league stuff, here's a major league blurb for you hardball enthusiasts. What is the only city, currently with a major league franchise, that never previously had a minor league franchise before joining the "bigs"? See below ......................
Answer is Cincinnati.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!

Last edited by SABRMnLgs; 10-19-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.