Bruce Jenner To Get Courage Award

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2015, 11:07 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The Noble Peace Prize to Obama and the Courage Award to Jenner are both deserving in equal merit.....or not

The 24/7 fuss by the mainstream media is not surprising. It fits their social agenda

Britianna Spears, Miley Cirus or Charlie Sheen some folks just love a train wreck but then the Romans thought events in their coliseums were entertaining. What is wrong with our society that we would encouraging people suffering so emotionally to be allowed to become fodder for the public.

And we find the immoral Hollywood profiteers pimping Jenner off for profits

The progressive secularist lamented that Jenner had finally found his soul. Strange I thought secularist did not believe in the soul? And if there is no soul then Jenner is just material and if Jenner is just material then he can't become she because he has" he DNA" and that is not going to change.

Jenner is said not to have had a sexual re-assignment (interesting term). So
doesn't that present a dilemma socially sexually emotionally?

A leading expert (can't remember his name) has been treating gender identity cases for over 30 years and said the worse ting these folks could or have done is to try and trans gender it never ends up well
Old 06-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
I firmly believe that every person has the right to choose to change there look/gender if they should desire. The choice is there's alone.

But....Being given an award for his courage/ability to change himself..........I think other deeds are better deserving
Obviously Caitlyn Jenner doesn't deserve this award when there are clearly so many others that are more inspirational and more deserving. I totally agree with the comments that she does not deserve the Courage Award.
She should insist the Award be given to someone more deserving.
However I agree with kstew. This is Jenner's business and he/she should have the right to choose her look/gender.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:14 PM
Gold member

It's an award for athletes who have shown courage. As an athlete Jenner has done what few others have been able to do. Having been known as a great athlete all his life, but yet to have the inner struggle of feeling like being in the wrong body was not easy. To feel like a fraud for his whole life is very stressful. Transgender people are at a point now where gays were about 20 years ago......and look how far the world has come in acceptance. Hopefully trans people will enjoy that same acceptance. People, it's not about sex, it's about their inner soul. I honestly don't know if Caitlyn Jenner deserves the award this year, and she certainly doesn't need or really want money. She just wants to live her authentic life. Until you walk in someone's shoes you really have no right to make judgements.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
It's an award for athletes who have shown courage. As an athlete Jenner has done what few others have been able to do. Having been known as a great athlete all his life, but yet to have the inner struggle of feeling like being in the wrong body was not easy. To feel like a fraud for his whole life is very stressful. Transgender people are at a point now where gays were about 20 years ago......and look how far the world has come in acceptance. Hopefully trans people will enjoy that same acceptance. People, it's not about sex, it's about their inner soul. I honestly don't know if Caitlyn Jenner deserves the award this year, and she certainly doesn't need or really want money. She just wants to live her authentic life. Until you walk in someone's shoes you really have no right to make judgements.
Alternately, one could say that Bruce Jenner is a ghoulish, self-promoting freak who decided it would be to his advantage to transition from a butt ugly male victim of botched plastic surgery to a butt ugly female impersonator...a role where caricature is the norm.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
Alternately, one could say that Bruce Jenner is a ghoulish, self-promoting freak who decided it would be to his advantage to transition from a butt ugly male victim of botched plastic surgery to a butt ugly female impersonator...a role where caricature is the norm.
Sadly discriminatory - do you talk about homosexuals the same way as you do about trans gender?
Old 06-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Sage
Default Bruce Jenner To Get Courage Award

I think Jenner should be able to do what he did/she does think is best. I have no problem with that. My problem is with ESPN.

For Caitlyn to choose her desired path is fine, even possibly courageous. But I simply cannot put it in the same category as those athletes who are making the most of their lives following severe war injuries, cancer diagnoses, or other such ordeals...with no choice in the matter and without millions of dollars as a reward.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Gold member

Is nothing private?

Our right to privacy is a hallowed one for which our nation continues to fight.

As celebrities fight tooth and nail to dump their private lives onto every t.v. or computer screen possible, our nation fights for privacy of our emails and everything we send across internet.

Hollywood is a p**s poor excuse for educators in this society, but that is what they are. They've been educating children that "privacy" means absolutely nothing--just bare it all and focus on attention-seeking behavior. The more attention you can get, the better. It will help you run for public office later on, too--an added bonus.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:11 PM

Good for you, Mudder! Well said!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by judynlee View Post
Good for you, Mudder! Well said!
Old 06-04-2015, 05:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Sadly discriminatory - do you talk about homosexuals the same way as you do about trans gender?
In order to be discriminatory, one has to take action, not express opinions. I am not in any position to discriminate. I don't hire people, am not a landlord, provide no services, don't decide who lives or dies, etc. If you mean to say that I am prejudiced, then, yes, I am, as are all humans. As far as I can determine, I have the right to have prejudices and the right to opine...strongly if I choose.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
In order to be discriminatory, one has to take action, not express opinions. I am not in any position to discriminate. I don't hire people, am not a landlord, provide no services, don't decide who lives or dies, etc. If you mean to say that I am prejudiced, then, yes, I am, as are all humans. As far as I can determine, I have the right to have prejudices and the right to opine...strongly if I choose.
Then we agree to disagree about discrimination. So be it.
However we do agree on the point that there are people more deserving of the Award than Jenner.
And that is the subject of this thread.

Wikipedia doesn't agree with your definition of discrimination:
"Discrimination is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit .... Not all discrimination is based on prejudice".
I'm not a goody two-shoes, but I think discrimination or prejudice or bigotry is wrong, and you think prejudice is OK.
No
t everyone has the same point of view. Peace.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Enough said, and well said Mudder!
Old 06-05-2015, 05:02 AM
Email Reported As Spam

"Discrimination is treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit .... Not all discrimination is based on prejudice".
I'm not a goody two-shoes, but I think discrimination or prejudice or bigotry is wrong, and you think prejudice is OK.
Not everyone has the same point of view. Peace.

There is a term in the business community referred to as discriminating fairly to explain the rationale for different pricing of a product for different subsets people etc. This is a simplistic definition but serves the purpose

On a personal note I believe that a small number of people discriminate solely based on color creed or gender. I believe that more people discriminate because of the actions of others. For example when you see or hear of Thomas Sowell vis a vis Snoop Dog what crosses your mind? and if you include Enemein ( white rapper) does your opinion change as respect Snoop Dog. it probably won't if you do not like rap.

I would vote for Thomas Sowell as president in a New York second not only for his great accomplishments but because of his manner in which he dealt with adversity.

Johnny Mathias one of the best singers ever to perform on a stage is homosexual. He handled his life in a dignified manner or at least had the sense to contain any bad publicity. Compare his actions to Bruce Jenner's

I played golf with and have worked out along side homosexuals in this community. They have handled themselves in a dignified and respectable manner and I have responded in kind. The LGBT issue is a complex one. There is only one certainty for me. I simply want this nation to continue the definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman. It can be done without discriminating against anyone and it will prevent a pandora's box being opened for every conceivable demands made by unreasonable and irrational people
Old 06-05-2015, 05:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

Not everyone has the same point of view. Peace.

There is a term in the business community referred to as discriminating fairly to explain the rationale for different pricing of a product for different subsets people etc. This is a simplistic definition but serves the purpose

On a personal note I believe that a small number of people discriminate solely based on color creed or gender. I believe that more people discriminate because of the actions of others. For example when you see or hear of Thomas Sowell vis a vis Snoop Dog what crosses your mind? and if you include Enemein ( white rapper) does your opinion change as respect Snoop Dog. it probably won't if you do not like rap.

I would vote for Thomas Sowell as president in a New York second not only for his great accomplishments but because of his manner in which he dealt with adversity.

Johnny Mathias one of the best singers ever to perform on a stage is homosexual. He handled his life in a dignified manner or at least had the sense to contain any bad publicity. Compare his actions to Bruce Jenner's

I played golf with and have worked out along side homosexuals in this community. They have handled themselves in a dignified and respectable manner and I have responded in kind. The LGBT issue is a complex one. There is only one certainty for me. I simply want this nation to continue the definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman. It can be done without discriminating against anyone and it will prevent a pandora's box being opened for every conceivable demands made by unreasonable and irrational people

[emoji122]🏻 well said...
Old 06-05-2015, 09:13 AM

Should get the Darwin award.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.