Daytona 500 - Who's going???

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Daytona 500 - Who's going???

Any Villagers NASCAR fans? Who is going to the race on Sunday?

This is our 12th race!! We are in the Roberts Tower.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Sage

We are going for the first time and very excited. Our seats are in Lockhart Tower. We are taking the 7 am bus that will be met behind Panerea. Figured it would be easier than fighting traffic and parking. Enjoy - hope Danica can do it. Would love to witness history being made. And if Danica doesn't I'ld settle for Smoke!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

WOW Gomoho!! Didn't realize that they had a bus that went to the race from The Villages. Will have to remember that next year. Have a great time!! Joey Logano, Kasey Kahne, and Brad K. are my favorites.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
WOW Gomoho!! Didn't realize that they had a bus that went to the race from The Villages. Will have to remember that next year. Have a great time!! Joey Logano, Kasey Kahne, and Brad K. are my favorites.
There are a couple of buses from TV going that I know of. Also since you already had tickets you could have still taken advantage of letting someone else do the driving at a reduced rate. Have fun.

VG
Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bieniaszek View Post
Going to the Twin 150's on Thursday thru the Village Racing Club bus trip. Went to the 500 last year and you know how that went. Based on my luck I figured it would be better for everyone if I stayed home this year and watched the 500 on television. Will be rooting for JR. and hoping that Danica does well too.
Skip 2
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm not a NASCAR fan at all, but I was thinking about trying to get tickets seeing as how this is such a huge, well known event. It might be nice to go once just to experience it and say that you've gone.
Then my son announced that he is getting married back home on, you guessed it, Sunday Feb 24.
So, we're headed to Boston on Friday. The Daytona 500 will have to wait until next year.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Default Gordon and Johnson fans here...

Arriving in TV late Saturday and will take in the race at home while doing some organizing at the new house. We will become permanent in August then we'll attend any and ALL NASCAR events at Daytona and beyond. Looking forward to some club action and meeting some more fans. I am thinking the bus is the way to go! Has anyone done the Richard Petty experience at Daytona. Both Teresa and I have...what a BLAST!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Veteran member

HA HA Skip!! First time in Daytona history that the race got rained out last year. Made the trip there on Sunday then back again on Monday last year. Exciting race as they all are. Have a great time at the Twins!!

Dr. Winston.. Once you go there and see the race in person, you are hooked!! Safe travels to Boston for the wedding!!

BFT.. There is the Coke Zero 400 in July. The Richard Petty Driving Experience is on my Bucket List. Turning 60 in May, what better than to take some hot laps around the track on my birthday
Old 02-19-2013, 11:59 AM

we are looking for a bus to go to the race on sunday from the villages. Can anyone give me information on where I can book a trip. Thank you!!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Sage

call AAA travel in Spanish Springs - that is who we booked through
Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 PM

This from another thread:

The Villages Motor Racing Fan Club has a trip to the Daytona 500 through Dolphin tours. The package is a little more expensive than the AAA package, but the seats are on the front stretch and are high up. Go here to see more: The Villages Motor Racing Fan Club You do not need to be a club member to take this trip.

I signed up for the twins on Thursday. Bus leaves from Laurel Manor.
Bob
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.