How do watch the NE Patriots games in the villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2021, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackiemerch View Post
I will be moving in soon and I am a NE Patriots fan and want to be able to watch them every Sunday. Does anyone have a secret as to what I need to do to make that happen. I would really appreciate any advice.
I am also a NE Patriots fan. Been here six years and the ONLY way to watch all Patriot games is to get Direct TV and the optional NFL Sunday Ticket, which is exclusive to Direct TV (now owned by at&t, who pays the NFL a boatload of money for the exclusivity). New subscribers can usually get if free for the first year, but after that, it gets pricey at $55 or so per month for six months. As far as satellite TV goes, I find it surprisingly reliable (only lost the signal for 30 minutes during hurricane Irma). Direct TV does have to install a satellite dish, however, either on the roof or a pedestal on the ground, which they also install. Mine is on the roof and has never moved an inch through two hurricanes and multiple high wind storms, and has never had to be serviced in the six years I've been here. As some other posts suggest, your only other option is to go to one of the sports bars to watch a game that is not televised locally, but you have to go at least an hour early to get a seat. Miller's Ale House, Gators and City Fire are some of the local places you can watch any of the games, as they pay for the commercial Sunday Ticket.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
I will be moving in soon and I am a NE Patriots fan and want to be able to watch them every Sunday. Does anyone have a secret as to what I need to do to make that happen. I would really appreciate any advice.

Like many have posted...join the New England Patriots Club...they reserve a section at one of the pubs and everyone comes dressed in their "Pat's gear"

Now that 'Tommy boy' is with Tampa we no longer jump over hurdles to see the Pat's play. We're always going to be able to see Tommy and Gronk play on a local station

we tried the fire stick for a couple of years....it worked, but all the commercials were Canadian

Tom leaving Foxboro has actually allowed us to enjoy a more relaxing Sunday and we don't drop an easy $100 at some bar every week now
Old 08-19-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
As you can tell the easiest way is to go to nearly an bar/restaurant in the area they all have NFL Sunday ticket.

Other than that the only way to get all the games LEGALLY is to purchase Sunday Ticket yourself. You need to subscribe to Dish network to do so.
Dish Network does not offer Sunday Ticket. You can only get the NFL Sunday Ticket from Direct TV.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimness1 View Post
.direct tv has a NFL package with the service you can watch any game that’s playing. Of course you also have to go with Direct TV as your cable supplier
You can also get the Red Zone, which I like as well. Any team that gets into the red zone is put up on the TV. Sometimes they'll have as many as four games going on at once.
Old 08-19-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
Easy to do with an Android phone, a chromecast unit ($50) or a TV with chromecast built in. Get the Locast app (free or you can pay $5.50 a month to get rid of their ads every 20 minutes or so). Get the Fake GPS app for Android. Select an area on Fake GPS that has the game you want on local tv. Then select the city on Locast find the channel with the game. When are watching on the phone just tap the screen and select the CAST button and it will then CAST it to your TV.
This will work on an iPhone also but it is harder to fake the GPS as Apple doesn't allow apps to change the GPS.

After you're done watching the game, make sure you change the GPS bake to normal, otherwise other apps will think you're in whatever area you selected.
I can't imagine trying to watch a football game on my iphone. I'd be squinting for days.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsmello View Post
Lighthouse Bar and Grill
Lighthouse no longer pays for the Sunday Ticket, so you will no longer be able to see all Patriot games there. Direct TV charges restaurants for Sunday Ticket according to their seating capacity, and from what I understand it's a ridiculous amount of money. Quite frankly, I'm surprised at the number of restaurants/pubs that are still willing to pay up; especially given how financially crushed a lot of these places got during the lockdowns; and some are still struggling from it.

Last edited by PJackpot; 08-19-2021 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJackpot View Post
I can't imagine trying to watch a football game on my iphone. I'd be squinting for days.
That's why I said you need a Chromecast for you're TV. It allows videos and such to be sent from the phone to the TV!!
Old 08-19-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiltongrizz11 View Post
The guy is interested in places not cable TV or any other thing... Wow pay attention
"I will be moving in soon and I am a NE Patriots fan and want to be able to watch them every Sunday. Does anyone have a secret as to what I need to do to make that happen. I would really appreciate any advice."

Maybe a tutorial in reading comprehension is in order?
Old 08-19-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
Before my Dad passed away we always went to Beef O'brady's at Mulberry. Have not been since he passed. We loved the cheeseburger rollup (or was it a wrap, I forget?)

We were season ticket holders since Pats joined NFL, living in Foxboro, (my golly did they stink To be clear, it got too expensive at some point and they were on TV as every game was sold out.

Now my sister has Slingshot, so I can watch, but no Dad...
The Sullivan's were the worst owners ever.
Old 08-19-2021, 10:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjackpot View Post
dish network does not offer sunday ticket. You can only get the nfl sunday ticket from direct tv.
fyi all posters. Nfl sunday ticket up for grabs next year. I expect multiple streaming services will participate
Old 08-19-2021, 01:12 PM
Default how dare they

How dare the players protest while bad cops murder innocent young men and women. SHOULD THEY JUST LET IT HAPPEN AND SAY NOTHING ?

by the way when you turn off the games you are protesting along with them. Thats the results the players want.

So on behalf of NFLPlayers

Thanks for not watching even if its for the wrong reason
Old 08-19-2021, 01:57 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallbrand View Post
How dare the players protest while bad cops murder innocent young men and women. SHOULD THEY JUST LET IT HAPPEN AND SAY NOTHING ?

by the way when you turn off the games you are protesting along with them. Thats the results the players want.

Huh? Convoluted thinking.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
The Lighthouse restaurant in Lake Sumter Landing is a great place to watch the Patriot's!
Old 08-19-2021, 06:15 PM

Quote:
The cheapest and easiest is to just watch the Buc’s. Kinda the same thing anyway!
Old 08-19-2021, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts
Default I don’t understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallbrand View Post

am I missing something
Closed Thread

Tags
watch, patriots, secret, make, happen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.