Irritating Golf Fan shouts

Irritating Golf Fan shouts

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 01:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Such a gentleman's game. Did this "pro" also throw his club after an errant shot that was surely the blame of an arrogant spectator ?

I still say pro golfers are among the best behaved professional athletes in todays world. I know we can cite many incidents of bad behavior, but overall when I think of golf I think of guys like Nicklaus.

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-24-2018 at 02:29 PM.

To Clarify
Old 07-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Platinum member

Thumbs down To Clarify

To clarify the point I made regarding the Westchester Buick Tournament. It was Gregg Norman who was confronting the drunken spectator and it was Fred Couples who pitched in and told him to walk on which he did as Fred just ignored the idiot drunks as the cops took them away. It is the ability to drink booze with essentially no controls that screws up a lot of good tournaments. We miss Gregg
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2018, 03:30 PM

Ian Polter was talking on Feherity about an instance in Tampa where a rowdy fan was hollering mercilessly. Later the fan tweeted it was he that did it and gleefully took full credit for the fluffed shots. Polter tweeted back to him about it. It was later discovered this fan was a Golf Coach at a local college. When the school found out about it the coach was fired.In retrospect Polter admitted he wished he hadn't reponded .
Old 07-24-2018, 03:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
To clarify the point I made regarding the Westchester Buick Tournament. It was Gregg Norman who was confronting the drunken spectator and it was Fred Couples who pitched in and told him to walk on which he did as Fred just ignored the idiot drunks as the cops took them away. It is the ability to drink booze with essentially no controls that screws up a lot of good tournaments. We miss Gregg
It appears Fred was the gentleperson.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I still say pro golfers are among the best behaved professional athletes in todays world. I know we can cite many incidents of bad behavior, but overall when I think of golf I think of guys like Nicklaus.
John Daly, Rory Sabatini, Steve Elkington, Dustin Johnson, and Tiger Woods also come to mind.
Had To Reply
Old 07-24-2018, 07:13 PM
Platinum member

Smile Had To Reply

I was not going to send anymore notes on this subject but had to respond. It is unfair to the good and kind Pro Golfer's to put Tiger on the same list. Good to the fans were Jack Nickalus, Tom Watson,Ben Crenshaw,Fred Couples, Arnold Palmer, Chi Chi Rodriguez, Paynme Stewart. Tome Kite, Lee Trevino, Vijay Singh.Davis Love. and some I probably forgot. I could not put Ray Floydd,or Tiger Woods in the same category. Jack, Tom Watson, Arnold Palmer, Lee, etc etc. would wait for long times to make sure they signed all the autographs and talk to the children.
Closed Thread

Tags
times, yell, fan, open, beverages