Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Nike Sucks. That's a fact!
Old 09-04-2018, 07:32 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Taking a knee isn’t going to stop racial inequality or create an awareness. The only thing that it has accomplished is to p*** off a lot of people. They can say that they are not disrespecting the flag or our servicemen but in fact that is exactly what they are doing. Anyone who supports kneeling is doing the same thing.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Nike’s moral stand just cost their investors 4.2 Billion, with a “B” today. They forced their moral values on unsuspecting stockholders. But that’s Nike’s platform: “Just Do It”
Do you all really think Nike really cares about 'your' dollars or if you ever use their products? Seniors are not their target market; not even close. And if 'one' understood the stock market, Nike didn't lose their investors any money. The only 'losses' incurred are by investors ignorant enough to sell their holdings.

The real concern should not be Nike's marketing campaign, but why in this great country so many people feel that the oppressions faced by minorities should be ignored.

Old 09-04-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
They can say that they are not disrespecting the flag or our servicemen but in fact that is exactly what they are doing. Anyone who supports kneeling is doing the same thing.
Why is the 'disrepect' always so one-sided and angry? What about the disrespect placed upon the minorities of this country. And because I support them, why I am thrown into this 'disrespect' category.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Do you all really think Nike really cares about 'your' dollars or if you ever use their products? Seniors are not their target market; not even close. And if 'one' understood the stock market, Nike didn't lose their investors any money. The only 'losses' incurred are by investors ignorant enough to sell their holdings.

The real concern should not be Nike's marketing campaign, but why in this great country so many people feel that the oppressions faced by minorities should be ignored.
Yep...you've hit on the crux of the issue.

It's a whole lot easier to try and change the narrative to one of faux patriotism...than to acknowledge the REAL reason for the protest(s).

And one only has to listen to the dog whistles of denigration when it comes to how some refer to the players themselves...to know what that real issue is.

Many studies have shown that younger generations are a lot less racist, bigoted & xenophobic than some older generation folks...and some people are just plain angry & scared about that.

Sometimes, a picture really is worth...a thousand words.

FACT CHECK: Did a Football Fan Sit on an American Flag While Wearing a Shirt Reading 'I Stand for the National Anthem'?

Quote:
A pro football fan sat on the United States flag while wearing a shirt that read: "I stand for the national anthem."
The Villages Florida

Hypocrisy and Facts Matter.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Why is the 'disrepect' always so one-sided and angry? What about the disrespect placed upon the minorities of this country. And because I support them, why I am thrown into this 'disrespect' category.
Disrespect is one sided and angry because it is a negative word. I don’t believe all minority’s are disrespected and I don’t believe race should be a part of this discussion. This discussion should be about how you feel about a few ball players and Nike disrespecting the flag and servicemen.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Platinum member

Thinking NFL players are disrespecting the flag is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Gold member

[QUOTE=Fraugoofy;1578336]Thinking NFL players are disrespecting the flag is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation...

Sent from my SM

She wasn’t disrespecting anything she was rightfully protesting against blacks being forced to sit in the back of the bus. So in effect she was protesting public transportation.

Last edited by Fredman; 09-04-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:05 PM

My wife and I are also planning on boycotting Nike. They made a very bad business decision!!!
Old 09-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,416 Times in 5,107 Posts

I thought Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation. She wanted to ride in the front of the bus. But, I cannot figure out what the kneelers want.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Thinking NFL players are disrespecting the flag is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation...
Exactly!
Old 09-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

Does Nike make the performance walkers with Velcro closure? What will we wear if we boycott?
Old 09-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Does Nike make the performance walkers with Velcro closure? What will we wear if we boycott?
Laces. Just do it. And don't forget to double knot so you don't trip.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Platinum member

Rosa Parks was protesting segregation in the South, you know, where people were treated differently because of the color of their skin? And by her small, silent protest, she began to help others see that color should not matter. She is considered "the mother of the Civil Rights Movement." Racism still exists today. The kneelers want to make people aware of the continued Racism in America. Dr. Martin Luther King also knelt...
This Photo of MLK Kneeling Has New Power Amid the NFL Protests. Here’s the Story Behind It
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I thought Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation. She wanted to ride in the front of the bus. But, I cannot figure out what the kneelers want.
Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,084 Times in 367 Posts

Catch Nike stock on the downside. This too will pass, and you may as well benefit with a few capital gains. This may be insider info, so be cautious.
Closed Thread

Tags
nike, product, buyohdear, freezes, boomwould

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.