Nike

Nike

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Thinking NFL players are disrespecting the flag is like thinking Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation...
Exactly!

Old 09-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Veteran member

Location: Buffalo,Erie,Lynn,Hickory,Louisville,Charleston,Schenectady,Marblehead MA, TV Caroline

Does Nike make the performance walkers with Velcro closure? What will we wear if we boycott?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Does Nike make the performance walkers with Velcro closure? What will we wear if we boycott?
Laces. Just do it. And don't forget to double knot so you don't trip.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Platinum member

Rosa Parks was protesting segregation in the South, you know, where people were treated differently because of the color of their skin? And by her small, silent protest, she began to help others see that color should not matter. She is considered "the mother of the Civil Rights Movement." Racism still exists today. The kneelers want to make people aware of the continued Racism in America. Dr. Martin Luther King also knelt...
This Photo of MLK Kneeling Has New Power Amid the NFL Protests. Here’s the Story Behind It
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I thought Rosa Parks was protesting public transportation. She wanted to ride in the front of the bus. But, I cannot figure out what the kneelers want.
Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Veteran member

Location: Buffalo,Erie,Lynn,Hickory,Louisville,Charleston,Schenectady,Marblehead MA, TV Caroline

Catch Nike stock on the downside. This too will pass, and you may as well benefit with a few capital gains. This may be insider info, so be cautious.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredman View Post
Disrespect is one sided and angry because it is a negative word. I don’t believe all minority’s are disrespected and I don’t believe race should be a part of this discussion. This discussion should be about how you feel about a few ball players and Nike disrespecting the flag and servicemen.
How can race not be part of the discussion when the issue of racism is the very reason for the protests?

Furthermore, many veterans say that they enlisted in the armed services in order to help protect and defend the Constitutional right of Americans to their freedom of expression, whether or not they agree with the protest.

If you or I don't care for the kneeling, we don't have to watch it, nor do we have to buy Nike products. By the same token, individuals who recognize and/or sympathize with the reason for the protests, should not be vilified or condemned as anti-American. If you believe that only one point of view should be espoused as in totalitarian regimes, it can be argued that your views are unpatriotic, and anti-American.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
...The real concern should not be Nike's marketing campaign, but why in this great country so many people feel that the oppressions faced by minorities should be ignored...
Not liking NFL players taking a knee during the national anthem in no way means a person thinks oppression of any sort should be ignored.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Laces. Just do it. And don't forget to double knot so you don't trip.
Nike
Old 09-05-2018, 05:40 AM
Veteran member

Default Nike

Nike, they lost this consumer. There are a lot of competitors of theirs I will buy from now.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:02 AM

A very big part of Nike is kids shoes and clothes. Parents need to bite the bullet and "explain" to their kids that even tho their peers may have Nike our family will never buy Nike products again. There are going to be Nike clad classmates "from the other side" who have been "explained" that taking a knee is a good thing. Morals and Dedication has deteriorated in our Beautiful Country.
#NIKE SUFFERS
Closed Thread

Tags
nike, product, buyohdear, freezes, boomwould