"Open" Tennis in the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2020, 02:34 PM
Veteran member
Default "Open" Tennis in the Villages?

Anyone know of doubles or singles tennis on a "drop in" basis where you get rotated into a game? Unfortunately, the weekly Rec News only shows where and when "tennis" is taking place but gives no details on the format.

In other words, are there any opportunities to show up at a tennis court without your own friends to play with and still be able to play? Spontaneous, drop-in basis only - not where you pre-arrange something by phone or email or putting your name on a list. I'm thinking of a format exactly like open pickleball if you're familiar with that way. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2020, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiverpoolWalrus View Post
Anyone know of doubles or singles tennis on a "drop in" basis where you get rotated into a game? Unfortunately, the weekly Rec News only shows where and when "tennis" is taking place but gives no details on the format.

In other words, are there any opportunities to show up at a tennis court without your own friends to play with and still be able to play? Spontaneous, drop-in basis only - not where you pre-arrange something by phone or email or putting your name on a list. I'm thinking of a format exactly like open pickleball if you're familiar with that way. Thanks.

It called round robin (RR), back few years use have big crowd, was scheduled at few courts but, last few years hardly anybody shows. At least when I went when it’s scheduled. Terra de sol and paradise where most use to be. Now I think is men’s open, 3.5 up, or mixed RR. I haven’t been, so good luck it anybody shows? Might be more if look at all rec center’s with tennis courts. Far as I know it open unless it certain group? It want to try and play with that group show up see if they are open to new members? Tennis kind of snobbish or click-ish IMO, pickleball can be at certain rec centers?
Old 12-06-2020, 06:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I go to such sessions at Tierra del Sol on a Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday afternoons - 3pm to 5pm - mixed abilities but a fun group to play with
Old 12-06-2020, 10:11 PM

Depending on your ability there are a number of groups that play regularly throughout the Villages. Men's singles, doubles, mixed etc. You can check in the groups sections and find the numbers for the players that run those leagues. I play 4 times a week when I want to sign up for all of the groups.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I've been at Round Robin tennis at Lake Manor last year. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2020, 07:23 AM

wheres lake manor???
Old 12-07-2020, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

Bingo! Thanks a ton Arctic Fox! Sounds like what I’m looking for.
Old 12-08-2020, 07:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billlaur View Post
wheres lake manor???
My bad!!! Laurel Manor.
Closed Thread

Tags
tennis, open, play, format, basis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.