soccer

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Default soccer

Are there soccer leagues in TV for us older guys? Im 57 and still play in leagues here in Pennsylvania and would want to continue playing if I retire south. ...thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 10:30 PM

Some soccer play is available...check out the Villages main web-site, follow links through Recreation, Sports, and watch the clip of soccer...might not be exactly what you're looking for but it's a start.

PS: east or west side of PA?
Altoona-born but So Florida raised for past 43 years; aiming for TV w/in 12 months
Old 04-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Gold member
Default since you ask . . .

In today's paper (Lifestyle section), there are pictures and an article about the Soccer league, plays Friday mornings at the polo fields. 4 x 4 format, looking for more players. trumanrecreationcenter@districtgov.org
Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,437 Times in 896 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Front page this morning online version of Daily Sun.

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/
Old 04-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Sage

just started up (see the paper links),

4 v 4, all players encouraged! I think it's 8:30 am at the polo fields on Fridays
Searcy, AR
Village of St.James, The Villages, FL
Old 04-08-2011, 11:55 AM

Im Philly area but my daughter is in her freshman year at Penn State Altoona. As soon as she graduates hopefully villages here I come!!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevko05 View Post
Im Philly area but my daughter is in her freshman year at Penn State Altoona. As soon as she graduates hopefully villages here I come!!!
Congratulations to you for your daughter being a college co-ed! I wish her great success.

Altoona-home of the Mallow Cup, the Slinky, and the smallest home town of a major league baseball team back in the 80s', the 1880!- has a beautiful little campus.

By coincidence, my grandparents bought property on what was then a little backwoods road. Eventually the campus came to be built on the northside of that same road, which is NOT been widened all these years.

I am somewhat into a variety of sports, so I expect that we will meet on a field or a court sometime in the future.

George
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.