Which Sports (on TV) do you miss the most?

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

May 17th, Seminole Golf Club, Juno Beach fl. On NBC for all you golf nuts (me too) Taylor made Driving Relief Charity. Rory McElroy and Dustin Johnson vs Rickie Fowler and Matt Wolff
Old 05-04-2020, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Considering what has occurred with the cancellation/suspension of professional sports - which ONE do you miss watching on TV>
Probably the NHL Playoffs followed closely by baseball
Old 05-04-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
May 17th, Seminole Golf Club, Juno Beach fl. On NBC for all you golf nuts (me too) Taylor made Driving Relief Charity. Rory McElroy and Dustin Johnson vs Rickie Fowler and Matt Wolff
Here's some more about that event:

The PGA Tour is still more than a month away from restarting its schedule but Tour-caliber golf will return on May 17 with the TaylorMade Driving Relief, a two-man team event that will benefit COVID-19 relief efforts.

Rory McIlroy will partner with Dustin Johnson to play Rickie Fowler and Matthew Wolff in a team skins game at Seminole Golf Club in Juno Beach, Florida.

The event will be aired live from 2-6 p.m. (ET) on NBC, Golf Channel, NBCSN and Sky Sports, and will be streamed for free on PGA Tour Live (NBC Sports Gold and Amazon Prime Video), GolfPass, GolfChannel.com.

“It’s been difficult to witness what so many are enduring over the last several weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic,” McIlory said in a statement. “I hope that we can provide some respite and entertainment for those tuning in across the globe. Dustin and I will have a lot of fun together and our games will fit well as we push to raise funds and awareness on May 17.”

Officials intend to follow CDC social distancing guidelines and will utilize appropriate testing measures to help protect the health and safety of the golfers, production crew and others on site. No fans will be allowed on site.

UnitedHealth Group has pledged $3 million in charity skins with proceeds going to the American Nurses Foundation (for which McIlroy and DJ are playing) and CDC Foundation (Fowler and Wolff). Farmers Insurance will pledge an additional $1 million for a birdies-and-eagle pool to benefit Off Their Plate, which aids COVID-19 healthcare workers.

The live coverage will feature commentary from NBC Sports’ Mike Tirico from his home in Michigan, as well as analysts Paul Azinger and Gary Koch and play-by-play with Rich Lerner from an off-site production facility. Jerry Foltz and Steve Sands will be on-site course reporters.

The Tour is scheduled to return June 11 at the Charles Schwab Challenge in Fort Worth, Texas.

Here's another event that's planned.

The Villages Florida

Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson will square off in another golf match, but this time two football legends will be sprinkled into the mix.

Woods will pair up with legendary Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, and Mickelson will team up with new Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback and former New England Patriot Tom Brady in a golf match planned for May that will benefit coronavirus relief, according to Turner Sports.

"The Match: Champions for Charity" will air live on TNT at an undisclosed location without any spectators.

Mickelson tweeted: "After feeling the sting of defeat the first time around, Looks like @TigerWoods is bringing a ringer to The Match (#PeytonManning)." Mickelson said he's bringing Brady, using a G.O.A.T.

A date and location have not been confirmed, but according to a report by ESPN, it is expected to be held in Florida. Event organizers are working with state and local government and public health officials to make sure that the event will follow proper protocols, Turner Sports said.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

I personally don’t miss any of them, even though I like most of them. Right now I wish that we would do what we’re told to do what we’re told to do, to get over this Coronavirus thing. It’s just that some people put to much emphasis on sports. So as long as we can catch Coronavirus sports is the furthest thing from my mind right now.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
How was the Kentucky Derby ?
Kentucky Derby, I thought it looked like a video game. I thought it would of been better if they would of used the real Derby horses & used all the horses track records & then figured out who would win. Really Secretariat!
Old 05-04-2020, 11:05 AM
Sage

A bit off topic, but sports. Just heard Don Shula passed away at age 90. I still have his autograph from when he coached the Baltimore Colts.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:26 AM

Still a few dreamers around, browns. LOL // Hockey the most, Caps would have won the Cup again with the big #8
Old 05-04-2020, 11:38 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Baseball, golf, Hockey, and football if it doesn’t return in the fall
Old 05-04-2020, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

Bruins in the playoffs , Red Sox opening day at Fenway ( where my first job was ) peanuts , score cards , candy and gum I sold)but football is the one I’ll miss the most (NFL ticket) I never , never turn TV on in day time except for football
Old 05-04-2020, 02:08 PM
Default Which sports telecasts do I miss?

1. NASCAR
2. Golf
3. Professional racquetball ....... Yes there is such a thing!
4. AMA Supercross
Old 05-04-2020, 04:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

I haven’t had good nap since golf been off TV
Old 05-04-2020, 05:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I haven’t had good nap since golf been off TV
I've been watching the replays every night on Golf Channel and NBC Sports Channel, even the LPGA is interesting when you don't know who won. Golf is certainly not the NFL, but the majors in particular are as exciting as any sport, way more than Baseball. I don't even watch baseball until the playoffs.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:56 PM
Veteran member

Hockey and Golf, in that order. Missing the Masters was really a bummer.

I have to say this is similar to a strike for teams, the longer they are out the longer it will take to get their fans back. I can tell you I miss all sports less now than I did at the beginning of this mess.
Old 05-04-2020, 07:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I've been watching the replays every night on Golf Channel and NBC Sports Channel, even the LPGA is interesting when you don't know who won.
Funny, I've been doing pretty much the same. Sadly even events that aren't that old I don't often remember who won....unless it's a very significant tournament.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:57 PM

I sure missed the Masters.
Closed Thread

Tags
miss, sports, cancellation/suspension, professional, occurred

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.