What say you about Phil Mickelson's white button down dress shirt on the course?

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2018, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default What say you about Phil Mickelson's white button down dress shirt on the course?

Looked hot to me. As in uncomfortable.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Gold member

From PGA dot com

And don't worry. Even though the Mickelson-Woods practice round was a sign for fans that their relationship had reached the point of friendship after years of perceived tension, Woods didn't let the chance to give Mickelson the needle.

"I was giving him a little bit of grief about that," Woods said that day. "The only thing that was missing was a tie."

"I just thought I'd give it a try," Mickelson said. "It's a stretchy fabric. It performs well, and I think it looks good."

Mickelson liked it so much, in fact, that Rovell's tweet actually played out. Mickelson recently signed a deal with Mizzen+Main and has played the first two rounds of the Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass this week -- alongside Woods and Rickie Fowler -- again wearing the banker-style, button-down dress shirt.

The fact that many in the golf world are taking some playful jabs at Mickelson's new look isn't lost on Lefty.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 05-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
From PGA dot com

And don't worry. Even though the Mickelson-Woods practice round was a sign for fans that their relationship had reached the point of friendship after years of perceived tension, Woods didn't let the chance to give Mickelson the needle.

"I was giving him a little bit of grief about that," Woods said that day. "The only thing that was missing was a tie."

"I just thought I'd give it a try," Mickelson said. "It's a stretchy fabric. It performs well, and I think it looks good."

Mickelson liked it so much, in fact, that Rovell's tweet actually played out. Mickelson recently signed a deal with Mizzen+Main and has played the first two rounds of the Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass this week -- alongside Woods and Rickie Fowler -- again wearing the banker-style, button-down dress shirt.

The fact that many in the golf world are taking some playful jabs at Mickelson's new look isn't lost on Lefty.
Do you remember when Tiger started wearing the Nike crew neck golf shirt. I was surprised. For years I was telling the golf team "collared" shirts only.
I followed the flow and owned a couple of the Nike crew neck golf shirts.
One day I walked in the pro shop to pay the green fees and the guy behind the counter, old school, said "collared" shirts only. Even though I showed him he was selling the crew neck golf shirt he would not let me play. I had an extra shirt in the car so I acquiesced.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

Results speak for themselves!! Shirt is heading home to Amy!
Old 05-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Default white button down shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Understanding that this man suffers Psoriatic Arthritis, my thought was that possibly he is having a flare/breakout and wished to cover his arms/hide the lesions. And if one reads on the subject, those who suffer this disease can develop problems if in the hot sun too long, the opposite of the affect that sun has on simple Psoriasis. And the fact that he has not played well only leads me to believe it is all related to this diagnosis..... and a serious flare..... just my thoughts on the subject......
Old 05-11-2018, 01:40 PM

////////

Last edited by Inexes@aol.com; 05-11-2018 at 01:41 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 05-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

An old classic look. Looked a little tight. I don't think I would wear.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Sage

"Mickelson will wear the shirt, made by Mizzen+Main, in exchange for an undisclosed stake in the company as well as cash.
Mizzen+Main founder Kevin Lavelle said the shirt Mickelson wears on the course will be the same that the company sells to its customers.
The shirts retail for $125.

But no matter: According to ESPN’s Darren Rovell, Mizzen+Main, a company based in Dallas and founded in 2012, enjoyed its highest sales rate of the year on Thursday thanks to the attention Mickelson brought to it."

Who wouldn't wear the shirt for the money?

Last edited by tomwed; 05-11-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
Understanding that this man suffers Psoriatic Arthritis, my thought was that possibly he is having a flare/breakout and wished to cover his arms/hide the lesions. And if one reads on the subject, those who suffer this disease can develop problems if in the hot sun too long, the opposite of the affect that sun has on simple Psoriasis. And the fact that he has not played well only leads me to believe it is all related to this diagnosis..... and a serious flare..... just my thoughts on the subject......
I was going to say something similar. Psoriatic Arthritis is a hideous disease (in the rheumatoid arthritis "family" but not the same). I'd say he's not going to say much about it and wants to protect his skin.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I thought the same th.ing Grace
Old 05-11-2018, 04:24 PM
Platinum member

I thought the same thing about his psoriatic arthritis and it certainly didn't look comfortable or worth $125.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Professional golfers have a moto. “You pay me I will wear it”
Old 05-11-2018, 07:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I was going to say something similar. Psoriatic Arthritis is a hideous disease (in the rheumatoid arthritis "family" but not the same). I'd say he's not going to say much about it and wants to protect his skin.
That is exactly what I thought/think.

Plus, it's something different...instead of the same old cookie-cutter look.

Remember when Payne Stewart used to get a lot of grief...when he first started wearing Plus 4's and the hat?
Old 05-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

I loved the look of the shirt. Reminded me of my business days, of which I have fond memories.

The key word is “memories”, don’t have any desire to relive my past.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
I thought the same thing about his psoriatic arthritis and it certainly didn't look comfortable or worth $125.
It looked like a right handed shirt and a size too small.
Closed Thread

Tags
hot, looked, uncomfortable, shirt, phil

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.