Trikes

Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Trikes

THOSE TRIKES look like alot of fun?? anyone own one? do you ride it alot? do you find them safe?? what should I look for if purchasing one?? so many different types it's overwhelming??
Old 02-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
THOSE TRIKES look like alot of fun?? anyone own one? do you ride it alot? do you find them safe?? what should I look for if purchasing one?? so many different types it's overwhelming??
I bought a red trike four years ago at Village Cycles, not a recumbent. I tend to wobble a bit on a bike, so this is safer for me. I put my little dog in the handlebar carrier and we cruise the neighborhood. You can come and take a spin on it if you like!
Old 02-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Veteran member

I have a Catrike Trail low recumbent and love it. I don't ride as much as I should. I bought at The Villages Bike Shop down in the Belk's plaza (can never remember the name of the plaza). I tried 2 models - The Villager and the Trail and found the Trail to be more comfortable for me. I think it was around $1700 at the time but sometimes he has used ones. My friend bought a used Expedition from them. Really worth the investment.

Last edited by mfp509; 02-25-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:04 PM
Veteran member

wow never thought to take my little doggie with me but this sounds like fun!! Do you feel SAFE in them? I see everyone with the flags on them and are people friendly when your in the golf cart path with them?? what are some disadvantages if any besides not using enough??
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Veteran member

I'll ride around my neighborhood but I don't like the golf cart paths. Sometimes I take it to the polo grounds and ride around there or to the bike trail in Ocala or Inverness. I love the Withlacoochee trail. I attend two bike rides a year in Inverness - one coming up March 23rd. Good time - lots of people.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
wow never thought to take my little doggie with me but this sounds like fun!! Do you feel SAFE in them? I see everyone with the flags on them and are people friendly when your in the golf cart path with them?? what are some disadvantages if any besides not using enough??
My little dog really enjoys our bike rides. I line the handlebar basket with a towel for comfort. I tried a recumbent trike and didn't feel safe. Mine is red and very visible. I don't use the multi-modal trails or tunnels, too busy. I just ride through the interior streets in our Village and those close by. I often ride at 5 PM - very few cars then.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Veteran member
Default trikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp509 View Post
I'll ride around my neighborhood but I don't like the golf cart paths. Sometimes I take it to the polo grounds and ride around there or to the bike trail in Ocala or Inverness. I love the Withlacoochee trail. I attend two bike rides a year in Inverness - one coming up March 23rd. Good time - lots of people.
So did you buy one that folds up?? the one I'm looking at doesn't fold up so don't think I can get it into car. Where in Inverness would this be?? is it all trikes or regular bikes also?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.