Villages HS football moving 20 miles south of Southern Trace for 2023.

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2022, 07:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,566 Times in 922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I don’t swim laps. The swim team was swimming on my amenity fees. And that hasn’t bothered me at all!
I am going to guess the school paid a rental fee to use the pool.
Old 11-05-2022, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
I believe the developer has actually funded the physical buildings. The county school district fund the operations. The old schools are not being shut down - both the new and old campuses are needed.
The old high school is being shut down.
Old 11-05-2022, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
Where is the source of this?
Old 11-05-2022, 08:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Anyone know what happens to the existing facilities? Who owns them? Is it the taxpayers, the Developers or some private entity. Thought that the existing facilities were quite nice and certainly seems to be room to expand if necessary.

Did our taxes pay for any facilities, repairs etc? How do our taxes come into play? Impact to students (Families) going to existing school and then having school move 20 miles away. Would seem that some families might have made home procurement based upon current location.

Appreciate anyone who can help us understand the process and impact.
This is way too far away for all the students that live on the north side of town. Parents do not have options for kids to go to any school close to home unless they qualify for The Villages schools( many that work her don't, and many live close to the Villages and have to transport a long way to get them to any school. If young people do not have access to good schools then more businesses will continue to have labor shortages ( meaning those that succeed will be outrageously expensive to go to ).
Everyone wins when the options for education are ample. Wildwoods school has horrible test scored, nobody will be rushing to move here because of the school that is the only one ( Lake Lake , also test scores are nothing to be proud of).
For all the homes here one would think that the schools for the family's in the area would be fabulous. And we need more families in this area for all the jobs created with thousands of retires buying homes here. What good will The Villages if there are lots of buildings but no one to staff them?
The developers need to take notice. The lack of employees has changed the quality ( and cost) of business's here radically just since I came 4 yrs ago.
Old 11-05-2022, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
This is way too far away for all the students that live on the north side of town. Parents do not have options for kids to go to any school close to home unless they qualify for The Villages schools( many that work her don't, and many live close to the Villages and have to transport a long way to get them to any school. If young people do not have access to good schools then more businesses will continue to have labor shortages ( meaning those that succeed will be outrageously expensive to go to ).
Everyone wins when the options for education are ample. Wildwoods school has horrible test scored, nobody will be rushing to move here because of the school that is the only one ( Lake Lake , also test scores are nothing to be proud of).
For all the homes here one would think that the schools for the family's in the area would be fabulous. And we need more families in this area for all the jobs created with thousands of retires buying homes here. What good will The Villages if there are lots of buildings but no one to staff them?
The developers need to take notice. The lack of employees has changed the quality ( and cost) of business's here radically just since I came 4 yrs ago.
Surely most of the kids are bused in?
Old 11-05-2022, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

As the crow flies, Middleton is about 13 miles from Southern Trace. It's good location considering that route 44 will eventually be the center of The Villages. The high school will be about 6 miles from Brownwood.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-05-2022, 09:13 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

I think the schools are owned by school boards? But charter schools are normally private businesses owned by corporations or individuals. Maybe they rent from school board?
Old 11-05-2022, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl View Post
The Developer did take notice..............built a new school. Enough said.
Old 11-05-2022, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Surely most of the kids are bused in?
Villages schools doesn’t have bus system. Parents are responsible for drop off and pick-up. It is a Zoo during those times, sometimes safety is questionable, we stay away from the area at those times.
Old 11-05-2022, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It will me repurposed as the expanded middle school.
Old 11-05-2022, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Villages schools doesn’t have bus system. Parents are responsible for drop off and pick-up. It is a Zoo during those times, sometimes safety is questionable, we stay away from the area at those times.
Maybe the school/parents/developer can get together and fund bus(es) from the current campus to the new south campus.

Did they announce something in the range of 7,000 new family homes planned to be built around the new schools?
Old 11-05-2022, 12:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Maybe the school/parents/developer can get together and fund bus(es) from the current campus to the new south campus.

Did they announce something in the range of 7,000 new family homes planned to be built around the new schools?
I guess if buses are needed (?) the would be obtained via taxes.
Old 11-05-2022, 01:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
No its not, it is going to be renovated and used for the primary/middle school campus.
Old 11-05-2022, 01:43 PM
Platinum member

Again, that EVIL developer, building a BRAND new, state of the art high school and state of the art facilities for the employees who work here.

If I was in HS or had kids in HS, I would prefer to play on the new fields and go to the new school.
Old 11-05-2022, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

The Buffalo lost last night but played very hard according to the Villages Daily Sun.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, southern, trace, miles, football

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.