World Cup 2022. Morocco vs. Spain (SPOILERS)

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2022, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default World Cup 2022. Morocco vs. Spain (SPOILERS)

What a game. Had taped as much as I could and missed the end!

But heard the soccer star talking heads talking about it 30 minutes ago.

Congrats!!!
Old 12-06-2022, 03:32 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,198 Times in 326 Posts

The Moroccan goalkeeper was fabulous.

Here’s the way I have been watching soccer, em football. Now I’m a typical American. I like action sports with scoring etc. but I am enjoying the W Cup.

So I have DVRd every match on DIRECTV here. And recorded 1.5 hours after. I then watch the matches on 4x speed. And when I see the score change on the banner I stop it to back up just before the score, and watch the slo mo etc. then back to 4x.

I did watch the USA matches regular like.

But soccerfootball is more palatable this way. Please don’t call me names.
Old 12-06-2022, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
The Moroccan goalkeeper was fabulous.

Here’s the way I have been watching soccer, em football. Now I’m a typical American. I like action sports with scoring etc. but I am enjoying the W Cup.

So I have DVRd every match on DIRECTV here. And recorded 1.5 hours after. I then watch the matches on 4x speed. And when I see the score change on the banner I stop it to back up just before the score, and watch the slo mo etc. then back to 4x.

I did watch the USA matches regular like.

But soccerfootball is more palatable this way. Please don’t call me names.
I like the penalty kicks. Very exciting when they happen in the World Cups.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,198 Times in 326 Posts

Me not so much. After all that time 120 min of sweat and toil it comes down to that. Nope. I say play to the death. Continue ExtraTime till the cows come home and a winning shot finally goes into the goal.

Can’t end tourney matches with a tie of course but on 5 or less close in shots? Hmm not for me. Sure may be exciting like for Morocco but so tough to lose like that. It’s tough.

Would be like in MLB a playoff game tied in the 9th is decided by a home run contest. Just sayin

This all said the World Cup is giving me a great appreciation of the sport. The talent, grunt, stamina of these men is crazy great. I do wonder why the Qatar stadiums are relatively small in capacity. Most seem to be in the 40Ks. Some in Europe draw almost 100k…
Old 12-06-2022, 07:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Me not so much. After all that time 120 min of sweat and toil it comes down to that. Nope. I say play to the death. Continue ExtraTime till the cows come home and a winning shot finally goes into the goal.

Can’t end tourney matches with a tie of course but on 5 or less close in shots? Hmm not for me. Sure may be exciting like for Morocco but so tough to lose like that. It’s tough.

Would be like in MLB a playoff game tied in the 9th is decided by a home run contest. Just sayin

This all said the World Cup is giving me a great appreciation of the sport. The talent, grunt, stamina of these men is crazy great. I do wonder why the Qatar stadiums are relatively small in capacity. Most seem to be in the 40Ks. Some in Europe draw almost 100k…
Heat in much of the year.
Closed Thread

Tags
talking, morocco, ago, minutes, heads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.