Old 01-20-2016, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default Every Five Gallons...

....you get a reward.

Quote:
OneBlood masthead

Dear Blood Donors,

We are excited to introduce a NEW donor recognition program that celebrates your lifesaving achievements, called Blood Donor Milestones.

New For You in 2016

Donor Recognition Store
We have launched a Donor Recognition Store!
The store offers donors a variety of different gifts to choose from as they reach their next specific donation milestone. Items include: apparel, awards, and other OneBlood logoed items.
Gifts will be offered starting at 5 gallons and will be available for every additional five gallon level achieved thereafter (Ex. 5 gallons, 10 gallons, 15 gallons, 20 gallons, etc.).
Choosing a Gift is As Easy As 1-2-3:
When a donor achieves a donation milestone, the blood center will email the donor a secure link to enter the store.
The donor chooses a gift & provides their mailing address.
The blood center will mail the gift directly to the donor!

That’s Not All …
Reach a Gallon Level – Get a Window Cling!
Wow. I may need to join the Depression Support Group.

I am at 8 6/8's gallons. Ten donations or so from 10 gallons. Not sure how many pints though they take from platelets??? 70 donations so far.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 01-20-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:41 PM
Gold member

I got the same email today. Not much of an explanation is it. I'll just wait to see what happens, I don't give for the rewards anyway, I give because somebody needs it. I do think the donors should have had some input though.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
I got the same email today. Not much of an explanation is it. I'll just wait to see what happens, I don't give for the rewards anyway, I give because somebody needs it. I do think the donors should have had some input though.
It would be great if they were giving rewards based on individual donations like they did in the past. It sounds like they are doing away with this and only really rewarding the platelet givers and the very long term donors. If you only give people some kind of nice reward every 5 gallons-- 6 years or more worth of blood donations for many donors-- then these have to be really nice rewards.

I do think that you do have to take into account that many people are attracted to some kind of rewards for giving blood like movie tickets, gift cards, and the like. https://legacy.scu.edu/ethics/public...samaritan.html http://faculty-gsb.stanford.edu/mill...9amerpsyc.html
Old 01-21-2016, 09:23 AM
Gold member

I just sent them another reply to another email expressing the same views as yours. I told them "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
Old 01-21-2016, 10:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
I just sent them another reply to another email expressing the same views as yours. I told them "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".
The Blood Mobiles still seem to offer various rewards.
Closed Thread

Tags
donor, gallons, blood, store, gift, recognition, gifts, reach, gallon, level, center, milestone, items, donation, donors, achieves, link, enter, secure, email, easy, chooses, choosing, 1-2-3, mailing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.