Keto/Low carb eating

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Default Keto/Low carb eating

I’m new to the Villages and it’s been quite an adjustment. While here- my husband and I are “south of 60” and trying to make new friends and meet others- so many nice people!
But we are embracing a new ‘way of eating’ (WOE) called the ketogenic diet (or Keto). Trying to find anyone else doing this? Great health benefits- basically very low carb, high in healthy fat and moderate protein.
Anyone?
Old 11-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Gold member

There is a group here in TV. Search Facebook for New Body Under Construction group and you will find it. Good luck, stay healthy.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
There is a group here in TV. Search Facebook for New Body Under Construction group and you will find it. Good luck, stay healthy.
The leader of the group, Terry, lives right here in The Villages although anyone can join this closed Facebook group if they subscribe to that way of eating. Great group. Basically promotes a 20 carb diet, similar more to Atkins but Keto friendly.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:37 PM

Oh awesome! Thanks- I sent a request to join... besides social media - does anyone meet in person? That’s what I’m looking for. Talk, share ideas and recipes ... but in person in the Villages? Like, meet up at a Rec center for a recipe try potluck?
Old 11-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmreno50 View Post
I’m new to the Villages and it’s been quite an adjustment. While here- my husband and I are “south of 60” and trying to make new friends and meet others- so many nice people!
But we are embracing a new ‘way of eating’ (WOE) called the ketogenic diet (or Keto). Trying to find anyone else doing this? Great health benefits- basically very low carb, high in healthy fat and moderate protein.
Anyone?
I don't eat bread, pasta, rice or potatoes but I do cook it for my husband. I also stay away from chips, crackers and candy as much as possible. I eat weight watchers treats as a snack in the evening. By doing this I have lost 47 lbs in 10 months. I have learned a new way to eat and am enjoying it. Not sure what the keto diet is if it is like what I am doing.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I don't eat bread, pasta, rice or potatoes but I do cook it for my husband. I also stay away from chips, crackers and candy as much as possible. I eat weight watchers treats as a snack in the evening. By doing this I have lost 47 lbs in 10 months. I have learned a new way to eat and am enjoying it. Not sure what the keto diet is if it is like what I am doing.
Congrats! That takes commitment and hard work!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2017, 10:35 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmreno50 View Post
Oh awesome! Thanks- I sent a request to join... besides social media - does anyone meet in person? That’s what I’m looking for. Talk, share ideas and recipes ... but in person in the Villages? Like, meet up at a Rec center for a recipe try potluck?
Terry tried to do it but it became too much. She originally had 3 groups, one was just for recipes an one for Villagers. It became too much for her so now our recipes and the Villages group are all on the one site with over 6,000 members. I know there are weight watchers groups here, and I think a TOPS group but not aware of others.
Closed Thread

Tags
carb, find, keto, called, eating’

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.