Keto/Low carb eating

Keto/Low carb eating

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Keto/Low carb eating
  #1  
Old 11-19-2017, 01:52 PM
Kmreno50 Kmreno50 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Village of Piedmont
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Keto/Low carb eating

I’m new to the Villages and it’s been quite an adjustment. While here- my husband and I are “south of 60” and trying to make new friends and meet others- so many nice people!
But we are embracing a new ‘way of eating’ (WOE) called the ketogenic diet (or Keto). Trying to find anyone else doing this? Great health benefits- basically very low carb, high in healthy fat and moderate protein.
Anyone?

  #2  
Old 11-19-2017, 02:55 PM
Mudder Mudder is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,401
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

There is a group here in TV. Search Facebook for New Body Under Construction group and you will find it. Good luck, stay healthy.
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 11-19-2017, 04:21 PM
borjo's Avatar
borjo borjo is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 632
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
There is a group here in TV. Search Facebook for New Body Under Construction group and you will find it. Good luck, stay healthy.
The leader of the group, Terry, lives right here in The Villages although anyone can join this closed Facebook group if they subscribe to that way of eating. Great group. Basically promotes a 20 carb diet, similar more to Atkins but Keto friendly.
  #4  
Old 11-19-2017, 05:37 PM
Kmreno50 Kmreno50 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Village of Piedmont
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Oh awesome! Thanks- I sent a request to join... besides social media - does anyone meet in person? That’s what I’m looking for. Talk, share ideas and recipes ... but in person in the Villages? Like, meet up at a Rec center for a recipe try potluck?
  #5  
Old 11-19-2017, 05:53 PM
jnieman jnieman is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Hadley
Posts: 3,251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmreno50 View Post
I’m new to the Villages and it’s been quite an adjustment. While here- my husband and I are “south of 60” and trying to make new friends and meet others- so many nice people!
But we are embracing a new ‘way of eating’ (WOE) called the ketogenic diet (or Keto). Trying to find anyone else doing this? Great health benefits- basically very low carb, high in healthy fat and moderate protein.
Anyone?
I don't eat bread, pasta, rice or potatoes but I do cook it for my husband. I also stay away from chips, crackers and candy as much as possible. I eat weight watchers treats as a snack in the evening. By doing this I have lost 47 lbs in 10 months. I have learned a new way to eat and am enjoying it. Not sure what the keto diet is if it is like what I am doing.
  #6  
Old 11-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Fraugoofy Fraugoofy is offline
Platinum member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,539
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I don't eat bread, pasta, rice or potatoes but I do cook it for my husband. I also stay away from chips, crackers and candy as much as possible. I eat weight watchers treats as a snack in the evening. By doing this I have lost 47 lbs in 10 months. I have learned a new way to eat and am enjoying it. Not sure what the keto diet is if it is like what I am doing.
Congrats! That takes commitment and hard work!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
  #7  
Old 11-19-2017, 10:35 PM
borjo's Avatar
borjo borjo is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 632
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmreno50 View Post
Oh awesome! Thanks- I sent a request to join... besides social media - does anyone meet in person? That’s what I’m looking for. Talk, share ideas and recipes ... but in person in the Villages? Like, meet up at a Rec center for a recipe try potluck?
Terry tried to do it but it became too much. She originally had 3 groups, one was just for recipes an one for Villagers. It became too much for her so now our recipes and the Villages group are all on the one site with over 6,000 members. I know there are weight watchers groups here, and I think a TOPS group but not aware of others.
Closed Thread

Tags
carb, find, keto, called, eating’

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.