Link for victims of crimes looking for information about area resources

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default Thanks, mrfixit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
...A BIG THANK YOU for TALTARZAC ......I appreciate your efforts in keeping this VERY important info at the forefront.

MUCHO KUDOS to TO YOU.........

As a former volunteer at a Crisis Center for MANY years......I realize how difficult it is for Victims to seek the needed help...especially when in crisis mode.

Just putting this info out for OUR eyes to see, will help MANY.

Again, THANK YOU to Taltarzac.
Thanks, mrfixit!

I wish the local public libraries would get more involved with this kind of work. With limited resources you would expect more creativity showing up with the delivery of social services.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I just wanted to make sure that this site was still on the FL AG General's web-site.

Getting links from local Villages' area public libraries had been a chore of mine a few years ago but the last I looked no Villages' area public library system had such a link. The Lake Library System did have one though.
Just making sure the links I had put up on TOTV a few years ago are still working. These were the links-- Florida Victim Services Directory

Hope that other TOTVers will try to get a link to the Florida Victim Service Directory from both the 3 local Villages area library systems as well as the 3 Sheriff's websites for Lake/Sumter and Marion Counties.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Sage
Default Hope your will lend your voice with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Just making sure the links I had put up on TOTV a few years ago are still working. These were the links-- Florida Victim Services Directory

Hope that other TOTVers will try to get a link to the Florida Victim Service Directory from both the 3 local Villages area library systems as well as the 3 Sheriff's websites for Lake/Sumter and Marion Counties.
See many of us are remembering the victims/survivors of 9/11/2001, I hope that you will continue with this honoring by making sure that survivors of other types of violence as well as abuses of power have ready access to practical information that might help them. Links from public libraries and Sheriffs' Department's websites to the Florida Victim Services Directory http://myfloridalegal.com/vicdirect....rcuit!OpenView seems like a very common sense like approach to this. I have been doing this on and off since 2000 with respect to the Florida Victim Services Directory or so and hope that others will get involved with this.

I have been using the identifiers 613 and 224 in my broader attempts to fill a niche in services to survivors/victims of crimes since mid 1993 in hundreds of thousands of e-mails, snail mail letters, and other means of communication. I had been doing this with the contacts provided through my earning a JD (law degree) from the University of Minnesota in 1989, a MA in Librarianship and Information Management from the University of Denver in 1984, and two BAs in Philosophy and History (1980, 1981) from the University of Nevada, Reno. As well as with the 24 or so nominations I earned to Marquis Who's Who publications from 1992 onward through around 2002 to give myself a little credibility in this work.

I had tried to enlist everyone I could think of to spotlight this niche like Hollywood studios, celebrities, sports associations like the NFL and the MLB, CEOs of various companies, shows like Saturday Night Live, magazines like Rolling Stone, etc. Admittedly all this work probably made me look a little crazy as did the use of 613 and 224 as identifiers. As some may know my interest in this matter stems from personal experiences I had with the investigation, trial, aftermath, appeal of a double murder conspiracy. One of the victims of these murders was my then English high school teacher's daughter at Earl Wooster High School in Reno (I was Class of 1976), Nevada Michelle Mitchell. A couple of people murdered her near the University of Nevada, Reno campus on my birthday of 2-24 in 1976. http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/15784017.html http://www.newsreview.com/reno/victi...ent?oid=640061 I also had all kinds of deeply disturbing problems trying to be honest about a problem with access to practical materials for survivors/victims in some of the biggest libraries in the United States.
I had outlined many of these problems over 17 weeks up through March 1993 in taped interviews with a researcher Ms. Young at the UCSF (California San Francisco) School of Public Health in a study on stress on the unemployed as Subject 613.

Lots of caring and creative people in the Villages and on TOTV so I hope you will help with this. Contact the libraries as well as the Villages' area Sheriffs' Departments about getting these links if they still do not have them.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 09-12-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.