On My Way to Ten Gallons at One Blood.

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
I was just checking on-line as to how much Medicare pays for blood. They do not pay anything for blood because blood is only accepted by donation only. They pay only processing costs. Nobody can buy your blood. So, a small $10 reward added to the cost of the blood processing is trivial for an unlimited blood supply.
I had been getting $20 gift cards every so often as well as the $10 ones.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Gold member

I donated platelets again yesterday and only one other donor there during the whole 2 1/2 hour process. Another platelet donor was coming in as I was leaving. One guy just didn't show for his appointment, didn't call either.

Oh, no rewards again this week.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
I donated platelets again yesterday and only one other donor there during the whole 2 1/2 hour process. Another platelet donor was coming in as I was leaving. One guy just didn't show for his appointment, didn't call either.

Oh, no rewards again this week.
That must have been you then as you told Joanie to have a nice whatever as you said you might not see her again.

I was coming in at 12:14 PM and heard the discussion about the guy who makes appointments online but does not show up.

Yesterday, I reached the 10 gallon level and also got a nice St. Patrick's themed green T-shirt with "Give a Pint of Hope, Donate Blood " on it which they seem to be pitching at some of the Beef O'Bradys nearer to Orlando.

Have not received my code yet for the 10 gallon level so I do not know what kind of rewards they have.
Old 03-13-2016, 08:59 AM
Gold member

That was me. If I had known it was you, I would have said HI. I hit the 8 3/4 gal point. I'm gonna miss Joanie, she is so nice.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
That was me. If I had known it was you, I would have said HI. I hit the 8 3/4 gal point. I'm gonna miss Joanie, she is so nice.
Did not talk to Joanie that much over the years. Talk a lot to Blanca, Charli, and Mary. Used to visit with Linda too but there were a few years there when I was just going to Blood Mobiles.

I have one more platelet donation this month and then I will take a month or so off in order to be able to donate whole blood to knock my iron level down a bit. Also like doing the Blood Mobiles once in a while as they often give out Villages' movie theater tickets.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:05 AM
Sage

I donated yesterday doing a platelet run. Two units so that puts me at 10 1/4 gallons. They were rather busy as they were giving out the $10 gift rewards for your choice of various gift cards.

Yesterday, I finally received my invitation to shop in their new Rewards Program for the 5 Gallon levels. This was for my 10 gallon level donation a few weeks ago.

The prizes though are nothing special at the 10 gallon level. I had the option of choosing a One Blood shirt, a crystal diamond like One Blood souvenir, or a 16 ounce One Blood hot-and-cold retaining glass. The glass appealed to me the most of the three but I have seen them offering this glass at One Blood in Spanish Plaines Shopping Center for just any donation.
https://www.oneblood.org/promotions-rewards/

My iron was 14.9 so I decided to continue with the platelets as it is below 15.

And I could not donate whole blood until 5/30/2016 after yesterday's platelet donation.
Old 03-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Gold member

I have noticed that since they got that new gadget to measure your iron counts, that mine are lower than before. I asked Charli if they did the conventional tests on themselves and compared the results to the new gadget. She said every one they did showed a lower iron count on the new gadget.

I gave a double again today with no problems and yes, they were packed with whole blood donors.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
I have noticed that since they got that new gadget to measure your iron counts, that mine are lower than before. I asked Charli if they did the conventional tests on themselves and compared the results to the new gadget. She said every one they did showed a lower iron count on the new gadget.

I gave a double again today with no problems and yes, they were packed with whole blood donors.
That's good. I listened to Charli take the iron counts for a woman donor. She did the right thumb and got a 11.9 or around there and then the left thumb and it showed a 12.9 or somewhere around there.

I give platelets next week but have run out of Harry Potter movies to watch as they only have the first two in their collection and I will probably have seen all of these Harry Potter movies by that time.

I am trying to get better with the many Harry Potter Fun Trivia Quizzes - World's Largest Trivia and Quiz Site! Quizzes.

That does not help me with all the Harry Potter book Quizzes though. Fun Trivia Quizzes - World's Largest Trivia and Quiz Site!
Closed Thread

Tags
miss, writers, minutes, appaloosa, works, watched, characters, lawmen, 120-130, blood, donated, platelets, gallons, ten, again--, takes, double, amount--

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.