SCI Support Group

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Default SCI Support Group

Hi All,

I'm working with the VCDD rec dept to set a support group for spinal cord injury (SCI).

First, you don't have to have a spinal cord injury or spinal cord disease (SCD) to be part of the group. You merely need to be interested in SCI or SCD. The VCDD will be gauging interest in this endeavor over the next couple of weeks to determine if this can move forward with a location for the first meeting.

Second, at most, 10 people outside of the Villages can participate, so please inform non Villagers about this who you think might be interested.

Since the instructions suggest not posting ones email or phone number, if you're interested please send a private message to EnjoyLife (me) through the site or contact the VCDD rec dept @ 352-674-1800, and let them know you would like to participate in the spinal cord injury support group. They will keep a running total of those interested. But please, use me as your first option.

To the moderators/administrator: Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I don't think this an Ad or classified, and this seems like the best place to me.

Thanks, and I hope to see you at the first meeting.

EnjoyLife
Old 11-10-2019, 03:36 PM
Default SPinal Cord Injury Support Group

Hi All,

I think I might have put my post in the wrong place, so I'm putting it here.

Sorry Moderators/Administrators

==============================================

I'm working with the VCDD rec dept to set a support group for spinal cord injury (SCI).

First, you don't have to have a spinal cord injury or spinal cord disease (SCD) to be part of the group. You merely need to be interested in SCI or SCD. The VCDD will be gauging interest in this endeavor over the next couple of weeks to determine if this can move forward with a location for the first meeting.

Second, at most, 10 people outside of the Villages can participate, so please inform non Villagers about this who you think might be interested.

Since the instructions suggest not posting ones email or phone number, if you're interested please send a private message to EnjoyLife (me) through the site or contact the VCDD rec dept @ 352-674-1800, and let them know you would like to participate in the spinal cord injury support group. They will keep a running total of those interested. But please, use me as your first option.

EnjoyLife
Old 11-10-2019, 04:36 PM

So happy to see this. I hope this endeavor gets the exposure it needs to reach those who would benefit. Bravo, EnjoyLife and VCDD,
Old 11-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Default SPinal Cord Injury Support Group

Since a certain number of non villagers can be part of the group, I'm also putting this here.

==============================================

Hi All,

To the moderators/administrator: Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I don't think this an Ad or classified, and this seems like the best place to me.

EnjoyLife
Thanks
Old 11-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Hi All,

EnjoyLife
Thanks
Old 11-11-2019, 12:58 PM
Default Great News!

So glad to see some initiative in this area. I hope this gets the interest and participation it deserves!
Old 11-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Default Great News!

I hope those who read this post will share it with those around them who might enjoy or benefit from sharing time and information about SCI or SCD.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:11 PM

We have another person joining us. I hope more keep coming!
Old 11-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Default Spread the word

Let’s spread the word! We need a minimum of interested persons to establish this group through VCDD. What a great resource this will be for those of us in TV affected in one way or another with spinal issues. Thanks EnjoyLife for your efforts to make this happen.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:44 AM

Great news!
Old 11-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Default How about ALS and MS

How about those affected by ALS and MS participating in the group?
Old 11-13-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatman View Post
How about those affected by ALS and MS participating in the group?
Sure, their participation will be fine - as well as their family, friends and those who would like to get involved because they see this as something worth while.

Thanks for the question.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:43 PM
Default Spinal Cord Injury Support Group

Still looking for people to be part of the group. If you're interested, please respond to this post. And remember, you don't have to have a disability to be part of the group.

Thanks,

EnjoyLife
Old 11-29-2019, 06:13 PM
Default Trying to get a few more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatman View Post
Let’s spread the word! We need a minimum of interested persons to establish this group through VCDD. What a great resource this will be for those of us in TV affected in one way or another with spinal issues. Thanks EnjoyLife for your efforts to make this happen.
Still trying to get a few more people b4 the launch. We've got one new person. I would like to get 3-5 more.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:14 PM
Default Pass the word

Please help us pass the word. In search of people interested in joining a new SCI support group. Thanks!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.