Cancer support

Closed Thread
Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Default Cancer support

I was just wondering about cancer support group as my wife was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was operated on in Rochester but wants to do the Che mo in TV AND she needs some type of positive enforcement also has anyone heard of Cancer Centers of America in Zion Illinois Thanks Dave
Old 09-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Default Re: Cancer support

There are Cancer Centers of America in Philadelphia, too. I've heard very good things about them. Your wife will be in our thoughts and prayers.
New Jersey
Old 09-14-2008, 02:42 AM
Default Re: Cancer support

Sending all the healing thoughts I can muster your way. I hope your next post is from TV where you are both living life to the fullest.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobronte View Post
I was just wondering about cancer support group as my wife was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was operated on in Rochester but wants to do the Che mo in TV AND she needs some type of positive enforcement also has anyone heard of Cancer Centers of America in Zion Illinois Thanks Dave
I don't know much about Cancer Treament Centers of America. I am a two time survivor. There are a couple of support groups. Check The Sun Thursday
Insert. The AMCS in Fruitland Park has free wigs and programs> Look Good Feel Better is on the Fourth Monday of the Month here in TV.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Default Cancer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr111504 View Post
I don't know much about Cancer Treament Centers of America. I am a two time survivor. There are a couple of support groups. Check The Sun Thursday
Insert. The AMCS in Fruitland Park has free wigs and programs> Look Good Feel Better is on the Fourth Monday of the Month here in TV.
ACS 1-800-395-Look
Old 09-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobronte View Post
www.pancan.org

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 09-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Thumbs up Cancer Support

I too, am a survivor 5 times. 3 times in 1980-81 and 2002 and this past March. Still alive and kicking, so I must be here for a reason. I have an absolutly wonderful oncologist with offices in Leesburg. He was highly recommended by my surgeon. I have also recently been to Moffit Cancer Research Institute, a part of the University of South Florida. Got a clean bill of health from them. I have been highly impressed with MOffit and with my Doc. If you want his name, I will gladly send it.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Default Interested in your Dr.

I was wondering if I could get the name of your Dr. In Leesburg. As we went to Leesburg and they put a stent in but couldn't operate as they were not able to perform the needed surgery there.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaManson View Post
I too, am a survivor 5 times. 3 times in 1980-81 and 2002 and this past March. Still alive and kicking, so I must be here for a reason. I have an absolutly wonderful oncologist with offices in Leesburg. He was highly recommended by my surgeon. I have also recently been to Moffit Cancer Research Institute, a part of the University of South Florida. Got a clean bill of health from them. I have been highly impressed with MOffit and with my Doc. If you want his name, I will gladly send it.

I would be interested in learning your dr's name at Moffitt. .....barb1191

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 09-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Eternal Member

I get my chemo at Lake County Oncology in the Sharon Morse bldg at the Villages hospital. They're quite efficient and very friendly. I've a friend whose primary oncologist is in NY but gets full treatments of chemo, radiation, and tests while here in TV. His primary works closely with a local oncologist to insure continued treatment.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Platinum member

Dobronte, I am offering and saying a prayer for your bride!! Hope when you get here you are both able to join us at a meeting!! The love, caring and support of villages people is amazing!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.