Still Alice

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Sage
Thumbs up Still Alice

I read this book last summer and it stayed with me. About an incredibly intelligent woman who has Alzheimer. A very moving story about what she goes through as her mind fades away. I found it to be a gripping novel and recommend it for a great book club read! Wonderful opportunity for discussion.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:30 PM

I read about this..I'll have to check it out...it sounded as if it's written with such sensitivity.
Thank you for reminding me of it.

Donna
http://www.awritingprimate.com
Old 07-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudacee View Post
I read about this..I'll have to check it out...it sounded as if it's written with such sensitivity.
Thank you for reminding me of it.

Donna
http://www.awritingprimate.com
To be honest, I wouldn't have read it had someone not recommended it to me. I'm glad I did. There are lot's of books about this from the family point of view, but I've never read one from the eyes of the person going through it. I would love to know what you think after you read it!

I read they are making it into a movie.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

I thought this was a terrific read - kind of depressing, but surely gives a look into the mind of someone who's mind is deteriorating. It makes you feel very sympathetic to people who are going thru this disease.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.