Another TV author

Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Platinum member
Default Another TV author

Are fellow TOTV members aware that one of our own, Sandra Randell, better known to us as Shrandell has recently had “The Worm Tickler”published? It is a children’s book targeting a 4-8 year old audience, in the style of DR. Seuss, w/ illustrations.

A short synopses- “An old man in the neighborhood has some curious habits which attract neighbors’ attention. Is he crazy? Maybe we just don’t understand him.”

Hmmm. If this wasn’t a children’s book I’d think this old man was of deviant, but Sandra assures me he is not.

The Worm Tickler is available on Amazon.com. Those with grandchildren might want to purchase it at the reasonable price of $9.99. Possibly someone knows how we can arrange a book signing for Sandra at one of the rec. centers or possibly B&N.

I don’t have any grandchildren myself, but I intend to support another Village Person and help The Worm Tickler get on the best sellers list.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 PM

I'll have to look it up...Congrats to the new author...tomorrow, I'll post it on my blog. Like you say...good to support another Village author.
Donna

www.awritingprimate.com
Old 06-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Default Just Added book to Blog

Just added her book to my blog...
www.awritingprimate.com
Old 07-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Thumbs up 'The Worm Tickler' Book for children.

I play music with Phil Julian, the co-author of this book, and read it today.

It was a surprise that almost brought tears to my eyes, not because of what the book contains. I will explain...

When I was a child in east Tennessee, my grandfather would come to our house after a summer rain to collect 'night crawler' worms that the rain flushed from the soil. They made some of the very best bait for largemouth bass, and my grandfather was known as a skilled fisherman as well as a state champion skeet shooter in his youth.

Grandpa would use a popsicle stick to grasp a worm between the stick and his thumb so as to gently pull them from the ground... and then he would store them in a coffee can with dark dirt in it. I remember holding the flashlight as he did it and how exciting it was to help my grandfather actually do 'adult work' and hear him explain about fishing with worms.

Reading the 'Worm Tickler' and seeing the illustrations made me see grandpa again in my mind as clearly as though it were last week. I could see us together at my parents' front yard with that fresh rain and grass smell of east Tennessee in the air. It was magical.

This is a wonderful and short book that will teach a child several lessons, help them laugh, show them a connection among the earth, farm animals, and the food we get from a farm. What a perfect way to introduce children to learning about how our food was and is still made available to us in America.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Gold member
Default Worm Tickler

Thank you, Black Dog. We now have our own Face Book to visit. "The Worm Tickler" appreciate a "look see". Sandra
Old 07-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Gold member
Default Interview with The Daily Sun

I was thrilled to be offered an interview with the Daily Sun concerning my new book. (The Worm Tickler) The reporter will come to my home on Tuesday to discuss the book, and to take a photo! Whooeeee
Old 07-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
I was thrilled to be offered an interview with the Daily Sun concerning my new book. (The Worm Tickler) The reporter will come to my home on Tuesday to discuss the book, and to take a photo! Whooeeee
Way to go. Congradulations
Old 07-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Default Fantastic news

That is wonderful, Sandra...tell us how it feels to be interviewed...lol
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.