Anyone read, "90 Minutes in Heaven"?

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2012, 09:27 AM
Sage

Not to get off track from the original post, yes I've read the book and many others discussing similar situations. These reads always make me feel good, BUT, one might not want to necessarily assume that ALL who write such books, write the truth. I'm not stating that they are making up stuff, it's just that in some instances, there may be a very physiological reason for certain experiences.

Does this mean I'm a non-believer. Nope.....it just means that anyone can write a book. Do I doubt this particular book? No, but still, I question.

Last edited by pooh; 05-19-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Not to get off track from the original post, yes I've read the book and many others discussing similar situations. These reads always make me feel good, BUT, one might not want to necessarily assume that ALL who write such books, write the truth. I'm not stating that they are making up stuff, it's just that in some instances, there may be very biological reasons for certain experiences.

Does this mean I'm a non-believer. Nope.....it just means that anyone can write a book. Do I doubt this particular book? No, but still, I question.
Check out the Blume book. It is about a group of intellectuals looking into life after death. Some of these intellectuals are quite sceptical about facts they uncover. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/bo...pagewanted=all
Old 05-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Check out the Blume book. It is about a group of intellectuals looking into life after death. Some of these intellectuals are quite sceptical about facts they uncover. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/20/bo...pagewanted=all
Might be an interesting read, Tal. After being a part of a message board
run by and set up by skeptics, for discussions concerning the likelihood or not of an afterlife, magic, ghosts, psychics, visitations from deceased, hauntings and alien abductions.........one recognizes that questioning is a GOOD thing.... no matter what....lol.
P

Last edited by pooh; 05-19-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:03 PM

Yes! "Heaven is for Real" was awesome too! I was so amazed by both of them.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Platinum member

I am friends with Dr. Paul Enns, an internationally know and respected Christian theologian. He teaches theology at the seminary level and is an associate pastor at a major Baptist church. There is an extensive list of books that he has written, including the Moody Handbook of Theology, to be found on the Amazon website.

Dr. Enns does not recommend 90 Minutes in Heaven because it is based upon subjective experience with no way to substantiate the claims. He recommends Heaven by Randy Alcorn, also to be found on the Amazon website, as being Biblically based, with all of the descriptions of Heaven based upon specific portions of the Bible. There is an intriguing section dealing with the question of whether or not we will have pets in Heaven. I have read Heaven and agree with Dr. Enns. Dr. Enns became deeply involved in a study of Heaven upon the sudden and untimely death of his beloved wife, and he has also written a book on the subject which is also listed on Amazon.

Dr. Enns teaches seminary courses, open to degree seeking and non-degree students at the campus of Idlewild Baptist Church in Lutz, (north of Tampa) Florida.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:47 PM

another good book to read is "Do Dead people watch you shower?" by Concetta Bertoldi.... It is a book full of questions from the living and her answers from what our love ones tell her.... fast reading book...really makes you think about the other side!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Not to get off track from the original post, yes I've read the book and many others discussing similar situations. These reads always make me feel good, BUT, one might not want to necessarily assume that ALL who write such books, write the truth. I'm not stating that they are making up stuff, it's just that in some instances, there may be a very physiological reason for certain experiences.

I agree, pooh. I think a lot of it has to do with selective memory and things tend to get embellished along the way. If it wasn't for that, no one would ever be able to write much of a book. All such books could be cut down to just one chapter, but instead they are too long and drawn out.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:15 PM

Yes, they are both excellent in my opinion. They really do make you think!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Default Don Pipers Sermon

Huh? Click where for sermon? Didn't see any link like that.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:56 PM

Even better than the bk 90 min in heaven, the bk that really touched me was Betty Eady's book , her 1st book, which came out in the 1990's.
It brought me a lot of consolation when mom passed away.....
i can not remembervthe bk's title but it was fantastic
In my case, was more influential than James Paagh, John Edwards or 90 minutes
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.