Better off Dead (sneak peek)

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2021, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts
Default Better off Dead (sneak peek)

https://www.jackreacher.com/wp-conte...24spG2SDbYkVQA

I hope this works. I have been reading Lee Child's Jack Reacher books for over a decade.

This is supposedly the first chapter of the new Jack Reacher book Better Off Dead. It looks like it is also in the book The Sentinel.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:22 AM
Veteran member

I really enjoyed Jack Reacher books until they picked Tom Cruise to play him in the movies. UGH!
Old 05-28-2021, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,623 Times in 5,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I really enjoyed Jack Reacher books until they picked Tom Cruise to play him in the movies. UGH!
FYI, Amazon Prime will be airing a new Jack Reacher series this year or next. Jack Reacher will be played by an actor named Alan Ritchson.
Old 05-28-2021, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
FYI, Amazon Prime will be airing a new Jack Reacher series this year or next. Jack Reacher will be played by an actor named Alan Ritchson.
He was one of the minor actors in a Hunger Games movie among other things.
Old 05-29-2021, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I've read all the Reacher books and one of the major themes, repeated over and over was Jack's imposing physicality. Jack is a 6'5" tall, 250 beast of lean muscle mass like a chimpanzee with preternatural brawling reflexes. The fact that in most situations, Jack simply dominates, without question anyone he gets into melee combat with. There are a couple of exceptions, like the fight with Paulie in Persuader. Paulie was a giant, steroid driven, drug addled monster who could overwhelm Reacher if he ever gets his mitts on him. He almost gets Reacher but makes ones mistake and Jack ends him.

Tom cruise on the other hand, while in great shape, is a 5'7", 155lb twerp. I understand that they wanted the name recognition and Cruise is a good actor, but they really did a disservice to the franchise. People who haven't read the books don't understand just how powerful Reacher is. He still takes losses but in most cases, he can stand up to a threat and defeat it and that's part of what I enjoy about the books. He doesn't get into 5 minute long brawls with people, excepting of course, Paulie as noted above. He starts or is attacked and quickly finishes the battle. He is so dominating that the plot doesn't need the battle to resolve it. The plot has to be clever because the physical battle is almost always a given win for Reacher.
Closed Thread

Tags
reading, books, reacher, jack, childs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.