"Bloody Genius" a Virgil Flowers Novel by John Sandford.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 10-30-2019, 01:00 PM
Sage

Thumbs up "Bloody Genius" a Virgil Flowers Novel by John Sandford.

Bloody Genius by John Sandford is one of his Virgil Flowers' books and is quite amusing. Really like it because the plot centers around the murder of a U of MN Professor in one of the U of MN many libraries. And he describes stuff at the U of MN I am somewhat familiar with even though I have not been around that area since late 1991.

I got my JD from the U of MN Law School (Class of 1989) and worked in their Law Library from 1988-1991. And also worked as a Student Co-Director of the Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners (L.A,M.P.) for the Minnesota Correctional Facility-- Stillwater.

Have read just about all of the John Sandford Lucas Davenport and/or Virgil Flowers featuring novels.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taltarzac725 For This Useful Post:

Old 10-30-2019, 03:08 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA, ID and finally FL.

I love the John Sandford novels as well. His real name is John Roswell Camp and he has lived in Santa Fe, NM for quite some time even though his novels and their characters are primarily Minnesota based.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
The Following User Says Thank You to manaboutown For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2019, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I love the John Sandford novels as well. His real name is John Roswell Camp and he has lived in Santa Fe, NM for quite some time even though his novels and their characters are primarily Minnesota based.
His latest Lucas Davenport novel was set in Los Angeles and Las Vegas and other points in Nevada and California. It is called Neon Prey.

I have not been to Las Vegas since 1986 or so.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:34 PM

Thanks for pointing this out! I hadn't known that a new Virgil "****ing" Flowers novel was out! I gotta go get it now and devour it like I've done with all of the other Flowers, Davenport and Kidd novels by John Sandford. I also even read a scifi novel called "Saturn Run" that he co-wrote after finding a signed copy of it for sale at Costco. I find Sandford to be a can't-put-it-down storyteller.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
Thanks for pointing this out! I hadn't known that a new Virgil "****ing" Flowers novel was out! I gotta go get it now and devour it like I've done with all of the other Flowers, Davenport and Kidd novels by John Sandford. I also even read a scifi novel called "Saturn Run" that he co-wrote after finding a signed copy of it for sale at Costco. I find Sandford to be a can't-put-it-down storyteller.
He is a very good story teller.

A new Jack Reacher came out on Tuesday. Lee Child is also very good.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:28 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
My thanks too. I've loved and enjoyed the Davenport "Prey" series from the beginning and felt it was the best in crime fiction until he started the Flowers series. Virgil is simply a great character, and I just love his relationships with Davenport, Jenkins & Schreck, and his girlfriend. I'll order it today from Amazon, and will be disappointed when it ends, usually within a couple days. Note: I too was surprised by how much I liked "Saturn Run". Science fiction has never been of much interest to me. But that one is a keeper and I'll revisit it again.
The Following User Says Thank You to collie1228 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2019, 07:58 AM
Sage

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
My thanks too. I've loved and enjoyed the Davenport "Prey" series from the beginning and felt it was the best in crime fiction until he started the Flowers series. Virgil is simply a great character, and I just love his relationships with Davenport, Jenkins & Schreck, and his girlfriend. I'll order it today from Amazon, and will be disappointed when it ends, usually within a couple days. Note: I too was surprised by how much I liked "Saturn Run". Science fiction has never been of much interest to me. But that one is a keeper and I'll revisit it again.
I will have to take a look at Saturn Run.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:25 AM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA, ID and finally FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
His latest Lucas Davenport novel was set in Los Angeles and Las Vegas and other points in Nevada and California. It is called Neon Prey.

I have not been to Las Vegas since 1986 or so.
Yes. I just finished that one a week ago. Lucas always flies first class and stays at upscale hotels. lol.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
The Following User Says Thank You to manaboutown For This Useful Post:
oH that ******* FLOWERS!!!
Old 10-31-2019, 02:50 PM

Default oH that ******* FLOWERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Bloody Genius by John Sandford is one of his Virgil Flowers' books and is quite amusing. Really like it because the plot centers around the murder of a U of MN Professor in one of the U of MN many libraries. And he describes stuff at the U of MN I am somewhat familiar with even though I have not been around that area since late 1991.

I got my JD from the U of MN Law School (Class of 1989) and worked in their Law Library from 1988-1991. And also worked as a Student Co-Director of the Legal Assistance to Minnesota Prisoners (L.A,M.P.) for the Minnesota Correctional Facility-- Stillwater.

Have read just about all of the John Sandford Lucas Davenport and/or Virgil Flowers featuring novels.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Yes. I just finished that one a week ago. Lucas always flies first class and stays at upscale hotels. lol.
Don't get me wrong, Lucas Davenport is probably my favorite character in crime fiction (tied with Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch), but if you add up the times he has broken the law in the name of "justice", and the number of dead bodies strewn along behind him, he may not be the nicest guy ever. In fact, I'd call him a stone killer. I'm not sure he is any kind of role model . . . . . but he dresses well.

Tags
john, sandford, flowers, virgil, genius