Which Books do You Read Often?

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2015, 08:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default Which Books do You Read Often?

https://www.facebook.com/kdla.public...type=3&theater

The Bible, The Complete Works of Shakespeare, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, thesauri, atlases and dictionaries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice%..._in_Wonderland
Old 12-28-2015, 06:08 PM

My only repeats are cookbooks and gardening books.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:53 AM
Gold member

A few months back, I realized that out of all of the books I have read in my life, I had never read the entire Bible, start to finish. I made the commitment to read the entire bible and I am almost to the New Testament. Many times I have had to go back and read certain verses over to answer questions I had. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
A few months back, I realized that out of all of the books I have read in my life, I had never read the entire Bible, start to finish. I made the commitment to read the entire bible and I am almost to the New Testament. Many times I have had to go back and read certain verses over to answer questions I had. I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it.
You made a life changing, and excellent, decision.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
I had to read quite a bit of it for a Bible as Literature course at the University of Nevada, Reno for my Minor in Religious Studies. So much of British, French, German and American literature references The Bible as do many movies so I am glad I did that.

I have listened to some early books of The Bible from the The Bible Experience series which you can get on CD at Lady Lake PL.

THE OFFICIAL...** BIBLE EXPERIENCE WEBSITE

Much of it is on YouTube too. https://youtu.be/V-jk1oFM4vA

The Bible Experience has excellent voicing of the passages of The Bible done by well known African American actors, activists, musicians, authors, etc.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-29-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Gold member

Kindle versions of New American Bible Revised Edition and The Catholic Church Through The Ages, on my I Pad mini. Find it easy to carry around and I really like the ability to enlarge the fonts size.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Gold member

After reading as much as I have read, it made me realize how much is never mentioned in church. It does give you an entirely new outlook on the world and your own life.
Closed Thread

Tags
alice, shakespeare, wonderland, theasaurus, dictionaries, atlases, complete, books, read, bible, works

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.