Carl Hiaasen retires from "The Miami Herald".

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2021, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default Carl Hiaasen retires from "The Miami Herald".

Carl Hiaasen's Official Web Site

This will leave him more time to write his hilarious books.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:25 AM
Veteran member
Default Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Carl Hiaasen's Official Web Site

This will leave him more time to write his hilarious books.
In Squeeze , a giant snake is a central figure in the plot. I also like Tim Dorsey's novels. In Shark Skin Suite[/I] (or Roadkill ) a giant snake is a murder weapon. Who else but Floridians could write humor about invasive pythons? Dorsey, former Tampa Trib editor, writes funny Florida mystery tales seasoned with interesting facts about Florida history and landmarks. Like where Lynard Skynyrd got their start.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:30 AM
Veteran member

His books are really funny and I really enjoy reading them. Always weirdly interesting characters.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
In Squeeze , a giant snake is a central figure in the plot. I also like Tim Dorsey's novels. In Shark Skin Suite[/I] (or Roadkill ) a giant snake is a murder weapon. Who else but Floridians could write humor about invasive pythons? Dorsey, former Tampa Trib editor, writes funny Florida mystery tales seasoned with interesting facts about Florida history and landmarks. Like where Lynard Skynyrd got their start.
I bloody love Carl Hiaasen but I've read everything he's written already! Can't wait for more. In the meantime, I really appreciate the recommendation of Tim Dorsey. I'm going to grab a few of his and give them a try!
Old 03-14-2021, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
I bloody love Carl Hiaasen but I've read everything he's written already! Can't wait for more. In the meantime, I really appreciate the recommendation of Tim Dorsey. I'm going to grab a few of his and give them a try!
Old 03-14-2021, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

With Dorsey, best to start with his first: "Florida Roadkill." If you begin with a later novel you'll be wondering, "How did these two strange characters get this way?"
Old 03-14-2021, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
Dorsey's seemed even stranger to me than Hiaasen's!
Old 03-18-2021, 06:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Dorsey's seemed even stranger to me than Hiaasen's!
Stranger or more inane🤔
Closed Thread

Tags
carl, leave, hilarious, write, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.