ebooks - Free Library of Philadelphia - renewal process?

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Sage
Default ebooks - Free Library of Philadelphia - renewal process?

Based on good advice found on this board, I "joined" the free Lib of Phil last year and have checked out many free, current vintage ebooks over the past year.

I'm coming up on my renewal and was curious how they handled it since the original membership was done via snail mail.

Someone who's been with them longer than I care to share the renewal experience?

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Platinum member

I too used the Philadelphia Free Library for a year. I didn't renew, but instead went to Leesburg and got a library card at the Leesburg library for $20. The have ebooks. Also, if you go to a Sumter Library, they will give you a paper saying they will be offering ebooks in April. In the meantime, they currently have a relationship with the library in Brookville and you can get free ebboks there. The problem is you must drive to Brooksville to get their card.
Tampa, FL
Old 02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Sage

Thanks, Avista. Do each of these libraries that use Overdrive have the same selection of material?

I like Philly because it has a tremendous inventory of current fiction and seems to carry a large quantity of each. I assumed that a new participant in this business, like Leesburg, might not have the breadth or depth of selection.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Thanks, Avista. Do each of these libraries that use Overdrive have the same selection of material?

I like Philly because it has a tremendous inventory of current fiction and seems to carry a large quantity of each. I assumed that a new participant in this business, like Leesburg, might not have the breadth or depth of selection.
Yes they use overdrive, but the selection is different. They seem to be getting more and more. Google the Leesburg library and see what you think.
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.