Fans of History

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2016, 02:22 PM
Sage
Default Fans of History

There are several authors who make history come alive. the following books are written in a detailed manner and give a comprehensive view of several historical figures.

1. Team of Rivals - The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
Doris Kearns Goodwin.
2. The Bully Pulpit - Doris Kearns Goodwin. It's about Teddy Roosevelt and his close friendship with Robert Taft and the rise of yellow journalism).
3. No Ordinary Time - Doris Kearns Goodwin. Pulitzer Prize
4. FDR - Jean Edward Smith, (really like this one).
5. Grant - Jean Edward Smith
6. Truman - David McCullough
7. Franklin and Lucy, President Roosevelt, Mrs Rutherford and the Other Remarkable Women In His Life - Joseph E. Persico. I met Mr. Persisco, at the WWII club meeting a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, he has since passed.

If you get through this list, let me know.

BTW - I won't be expecting to hear from you for several months unless you really like to read.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
There are several authors who make history come alive. the following books are written in a detailed manner and give a comprehensive view of several historical figures.

1. Team of Rivals - The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
Doris Kearns Goodwin.
2. The Bully Pulpit - Doris Kearns Goodwin. It's about Teddy Roosevelt and his close friendship with Robert Taft and the rise of yellow journalism).
3. No Ordinary Time - Doris Kearns Goodwin. Pulitzer Prize
4. FDR - Jean Edward Smith, (really like this one).
5. Grant - Jean Edward Smith
6. Truman - David McCullough
7. Franklin and Lucy, President Roosevelt, Mrs Rutherford and the Other Remarkable Women In His Life - Joseph E. Persico. I met Mr. Persisco, at the WWII club meeting a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, he has since passed.

If you get through this list, let me know.

BTW - I won't be expecting to hear from you for several months unless you really like to read.
Thanks Joe, I really love books like this. I will be sure to read some of these soon. Since I'm such a slow reader, you won't hear from me for a year or more, lol.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

Tags
doris, goodwin, kearns, roosevelt, smith

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.