Great News! Jan Karon/Mitford Series

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Default Great News! Jan Karon/Mitford Series

I just received an email stating that Jan Karon has written a new installment in the Mitford Series and it will be released on 9/2/14. I'm so happy to hear this! I have all the books and will now start at the beginning and read them all, for a 3rd time. Here is the info I received:

#1 New York Times Bestselling Author
Jan Karon Returns to Mitford in Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good

On sale 9/2/2014

After five hectic years of retirement from Lord's Chapel, Father Tim Kavanagh returns with his wife, Cynthia, from a so- called pleasure trip to the land of his Irish ancestors.

While he is glad to be at home in Mitford, something is definitely missing: a pulpit. But when he's offered one, he decides he doesn't want it. Maybe he's lost his passion. His adopted son, Dooley, wrestles with his own passion-for the beautiful and gifted Lace Turner-and his vision to become a successful country vet. Dooley's brother Sammy, still enraged by his mother's abandonment, destroys one of Father Tim's prized possessions. And Hope Murphy, owner of Happy Endings Bookstore, struggles with the potential loss of her unborn child and her hard-won business.

All this, as Wanda's Feel Good Café opens, a romance catches fire through an Internet word game, Mitford's former mayor hatches a reelection campaign to throw the bums out, and the weekly Muse poses a probing inquiry:

Does Mitford still take care of its own?

Millions of fans will applaud the chance to spend time, once more, in the often comic and utterly human presence of Jan Karon's characters. Indeed, they have never been more sympathetic, big-hearted, and engaging.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:30 PM

Awww....I remember seeing a bumper sticker that said "I'd rather be in Mitford"! Loved those sweet, gentle stories. Thanks for the heads up - I'll watch for them.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Me too! I've read every one.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:10 PM
Sage

that's great news! thanks for the synopsis!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.