Barbara Pym

Closed Thread
Old 12-16-2020, 05:59 PM
Default Barbara Pym

Has anyone read her? I am looking for her books and truly cannot find them any longer. I really enjoyed the 2 I have read and yearn for more.
Pym tends to draw me in to her scenes and I can smell the foods and coastal England air as I drift in and out of her wit.
She doesn't disappoint me, ever!
If anyone can put me on to her work, please let me know.
roni
Old 12-16-2020, 09:15 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,730 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
Has anyone read her? I am looking for her books and truly cannot find them any longer. I really enjoyed the 2 I have read and yearn for more.
Pym tends to draw me in to her scenes and I can smell the foods and coastal England air as I drift in and out of her wit.
She doesn't disappoint me, ever!
If anyone can put me on to her work, please let me know.
roni
Well you may have tried all these but..... Amazon has quite a list, but maybe none you have not read ? I like Thriftbooks.com and buy from them fairly often, but again, maybe you've read the ones they have right now. You could check the used book store at the main library here (the one on 466 A at the county building with the big gold dome). The used book store IS OPEN again, from 1 to 4 p.m. I believe, you can always call the library and check. And finally, what about going on line and if none of your public library locations have what you want, they can get it on loan from another library. My public library is Sumter county system, but if you are in Marion or Lake, I am sure they belong to the lending system too ! Hope these leads can give you a start, as a dedicated reader of both fiction and non, I know what it's like to try to track down authors/books. Good luck !
Old 12-16-2020, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
Well you may have tried all these but..... Amazon has quite a list, but maybe none you have not read ? I like Thriftbooks.com and buy from them fairly often, but again, maybe you've read the ones they have right now. You could check the used book store at the main library here (the one on 466 A at the county building with the big gold dome). The used book store IS OPEN again, from 1 to 4 p.m. I believe, you can always call the library and check. And finally, what about going on line and if none of your public library locations have what you want, they can get it on loan from another library. My public library is Sumter county system, but if you are in Marion or Lake, I am sure they belong to the lending system too ! Hope these leads can give you a start, as a dedicated reader of both fiction and non, I know what it's like to try to track down authors/books. Good luck !
The local library is a good place, as is Thriftbooks and Amazon. If you want electronic versions, try looking up zlibrary. I sent you a message.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Barbara Pym | Book Depository

I get books by English and other UK based writers from this source.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You have tried the used book store, All Booked Up at Colony Shopping Center in the strip center by Sukura Japanese Steak House in front of Publix.

All Booked Up - The Villages, FL Colony Shopping Ctr

The Villages Florida

Last edited by John_W; 12-20-2020 at 10:13 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 09:42 PM

I am a resident of Sumter County; however, for $40 per year I joined the Lake County library system. I checked their catalogue and they have many books by Barbara Pym. The closest library is in Lady Lake near 466 and 441. If they don't have a book you want but another branch in their system does, they will obtain it for you. This may be a better and cheaper option for you. You could visit the library and check their catalogue to see if they have any of her books you haven't read.
Old 12-20-2020, 10:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Do you know specific titles of her books that you're looking for? I love searching out old books and would help.

Tags
pym, read, england, air, drift

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.