I'll be gone in the dark. Michelle McNamara. The search for the Golden State killer.

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2018, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I'll be gone in the dark. Michelle McNamara. The search for the Golden State killer.

I finished this book in a little over a day and I couldn't put it down. I expected a true crime book but I didn't expect it to be so captivating on so many levels.

The author, Michelle McNamara, died just two years before the man called the Golden State Killer was apprehended. Joseph James Deanglelo, now 72, was living right where the evidence collected and assessed by Ms. McNamara and her group of similarly obsessed searchers thought he'd be.

This is much more than a true crime book, it is also a true people book, written by a talented writer who, with a sense of humor and amazing diligence tracked down and summarized information strewn all over California. She shares glimpses of her own life as well and makes the reader wish they had known her.

MUST read.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:56 AM
Sage

I'm a t.v. true crime junkie, of sorts. I haven't read this book but I did see some shows that were on the subject and heard of Michelle. So sad that she passed away at such a young age! I'm waiting to hear how that scum-bag eluded the police for over 40 years. Someone told me he's "playing" the stupid-card in captivity.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I'm a t.v. true crime junkie, of sorts. I haven't read this book but I did see some shows that were on the subject and heard of Michelle. So sad that she passed away at such a young age! I'm waiting to hear how that scum-bag eluded the police for over 40 years. Someone told me he's "playing" the stupid-card in captivity.
Amazing you should say that. I thought the same as I saw him sitting in a wheel chair with his head tilted slightly sideways looking like he was in dementia.

HAH! I say. I read where his yard was meticulously kept and you can tell by his tan he spent a lot of time outdoors. He thinks he can slither through this with his schemes.

I want to gather a bunch of us and talk about this guy and his crimes. Anyone in? My house? P.M. me. Next Wednesday. 2:00?

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-03-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I finished this book in a little over a day and I couldn't put it down. I expected a true crime book but I didn't expect it to be so captivating on so many levels.

The author, Michelle McNamara, died just two years before the man called the Golden State Killer was apprehended. Joseph James Deanglelo, now 72, was living right where the evidence collected and assessed by Ms. McNamara and her group of similarly obsessed searchers thought he'd be.

This is much more than a true crime book, it is also a true people book, written by a talented writer who, with a sense of humor and amazing diligence tracked down and summarized information strewn all over California. She shares glimpses of her own life as well and makes the reader wish they had known her.

MUST read.

I also read it just a day! I’m totally obsessed! You should listen to the podcast by morph if you haven’t already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2018, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Amazing you should say that. I thought the same as I saw him sitting in a wheel chair with his head tilted slightly sideways looking like he was in dementia.

HAH! I say. I read where his yard was meticulously kept and you can tell by his tan he spent a lot of time outdoors. He thinks he can slither through this with his schemes.

I want to gather a bunch of us and talk about this guy and his crimes. Anyone in? My house? P.M. me. Next Wednesday. 2:00?

I would so love that lol I wish I had people that I could talk to about him and all the crimes he’s committed and specific details that are so terrifying... that it’s hard to believe.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lajavaheri View Post
I would so love that lol I wish I had people that I could talk to about him and all the crimes he’s committed and specific details that are so terrifying... that it’s hard to believe.

We met and had much to talk about. I know there is a Real Crime Club here in The Villages. At the time I inquired they were full. Maybe I should start a new one, limited to maybe ten people and perhaps in our home?
Old 05-18-2018, 06:40 AM

Although I haven't read the book, if you wish to hear a free factual audio series concerning the Eastside Rapist, a.k.a. Golden State Killer, download this podcast:

CASEFILE Podcast

Case 53
The East Area Rapist 1976
(Part 1 of 5)

Welcome to Casefile: True Crime Podcast

Very factual!
Closed Thread

Tags
book, mcnamara, true, crime, michelle

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.