John Sandford's Golden Prey.

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2017, 06:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Thumbs up John Sandford's Golden Prey.

Golden Prey

This is quite good. Lucas Davenport is now a Federal Marshal on the trail of some Biloxi MS robbers and murderers of drug dealers.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Oh, good. Some new fishin grounds for Lucas. Kind of hard to imagine him out of the Midwest, though.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-20-2017, 10:18 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

I really enjoy his books. Although for some years he has made Santa Fe, NM his home according to the jackets on his books he is from the midwest and has led an interesting life. About the Author

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I really enjoy his books. Although for some years he has made Santa Fe, NM his home according to the jackets on his books he is from the midwest and has led an interesting life. About the Author
As a Federal Marshal we may be seeing Lucas Davenport more in the American Southwest and elsewhere. He is moving around the South in Golden Prey. Dallas too. I do not really consider Dallas-Ft. Worth as all that Southern but they sure are hot in the summer.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:11 PM
Veteran member

I just finished that and enjoyed it as much as any of his other books. For some reason, I hadn't realized he'd also published another Virgil Flowers novel last year (Escape Clause) and read that just before reading this. It was also very good.

I really like his stories and the way he writes (with some authors, that's true for only one or the other or even neither). I even enjoyed his foray into science fiction with Ctein (Saturn Run). I stumbled across an autographed copy of that one at a Costco of all places. Like my other autographed books, that went into the "keeper" collection instead of the "destined for the used book store or library" collection.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
I just finished that and enjoyed it as much as any of his other books. For some reason, I hadn't realized he'd also published another Virgil Flowers novel last year (Escape Clause) and read that just before reading this. It was also very good.

I really like his stories and the way he writes (with some authors, that's true for only one or the other or even neither). I even enjoyed his foray into science fiction with Ctein (Saturn Run). I stumbled across an autographed copy of that one at a Costco of all places. Like my other autographed books, that went into the "keeper" collection instead of the "destined for the used book store or library" collection.
Escape Clause

I liked Escape Clause too.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:10 AM
Gold member

I purchased the book for my Kindle, but haven't started it yet. I've read every one of the "Prey" series, and all of the Virgil Flowers books as well, but $14.95 for an e-book is getting way too pricey for me. In the future Davenport and "that blanking Flowers" are probably going to have to wait for me until the paperback version to come out.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I purchased the book for my Kindle, but haven't started it yet. I've read every one of the "Prey" series, and all of the Virgil Flowers books as well, but $14.95 for an e-book is getting way too pricey for me. In the future Davenport and "that blanking Flowers" are probably going to have to wait for me until the paperback version to come out.
You can get them from the library too. And I believe that there are libraries out there that allow you to borrow Kindle books for free.

How To Check Out Library Books on Your Kindle for Free

Do not see any Davenport books though at Lake County Library for e-books.

The Best Websites for Finding, Downloading, Borrowing, Renting, and Purchasing eBooks

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-21-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, read, sandfords, golden, prey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.