John Sandford's Golden Prey.

John Sandford's Golden Prey.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
John Sandford's Golden Prey.
  #1  
Old 05-20-2017, 06:34 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 38,483
Thumbs up John Sandford's Golden Prey.

Golden Prey

This is quite good. Lucas Davenport is now a Federal Marshal on the trail of some Biloxi MS robbers and murderers of drug dealers.

  #2  
Old 05-20-2017, 08:24 AM
redwitch's Avatar
redwitch redwitch is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,048
Default

Oh, good. Some new fishin grounds for Lucas. Kind of hard to imagine him out of the Midwest, though.
__________________
Army/embassy brat - traveled too much to mention
Moved here from SF Bay Area (East Bay)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 05-20-2017, 10:18 AM
manaboutown's Avatar
manaboutown manaboutown is online now
Sage
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA and ID, not necessarily in that order
Posts: 3,766
Default

I really enjoy his books. Although for some years he has made Santa Fe, NM his home according to the jackets on his books he is from the midwest and has led an interesting life. About the Author
__________________
"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth." Plato

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
  #4  
Old 05-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 38,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I really enjoy his books. Although for some years he has made Santa Fe, NM his home according to the jackets on his books he is from the midwest and has led an interesting life. About the Author
As a Federal Marshal we may be seeing Lucas Davenport more in the American Southwest and elsewhere. He is moving around the South in Golden Prey. Dallas too. I do not really consider Dallas-Ft. Worth as all that Southern but they sure are hot in the summer.
  #5  
Old 05-20-2017, 03:11 PM
JerryLBell JerryLBell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 383
Default

I just finished that and enjoyed it as much as any of his other books. For some reason, I hadn't realized he'd also published another Virgil Flowers novel last year (Escape Clause) and read that just before reading this. It was also very good.

I really like his stories and the way he writes (with some authors, that's true for only one or the other or even neither). I even enjoyed his foray into science fiction with Ctein (Saturn Run). I stumbled across an autographed copy of that one at a Costco of all places. Like my other autographed books, that went into the "keeper" collection instead of the "destined for the used book store or library" collection.
  #6  
Old 05-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 38,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
I just finished that and enjoyed it as much as any of his other books. For some reason, I hadn't realized he'd also published another Virgil Flowers novel last year (Escape Clause) and read that just before reading this. It was also very good.

I really like his stories and the way he writes (with some authors, that's true for only one or the other or even neither). I even enjoyed his foray into science fiction with Ctein (Saturn Run). I stumbled across an autographed copy of that one at a Costco of all places. Like my other autographed books, that went into the "keeper" collection instead of the "destined for the used book store or library" collection.
Escape Clause

I liked Escape Clause too.
  #7  
Old 05-21-2017, 08:10 AM
collie1228 collie1228 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Villa San Antonio; Formerly Syracuse, New York
Posts: 1,014
Default

I purchased the book for my Kindle, but haven't started it yet. I've read every one of the "Prey" series, and all of the Virgil Flowers books as well, but $14.95 for an e-book is getting way too pricey for me. In the future Davenport and "that blanking Flowers" are probably going to have to wait for me until the paperback version to come out.
  #8  
Old 05-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 38,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I purchased the book for my Kindle, but haven't started it yet. I've read every one of the "Prey" series, and all of the Virgil Flowers books as well, but $14.95 for an e-book is getting way too pricey for me. In the future Davenport and "that blanking Flowers" are probably going to have to wait for me until the paperback version to come out.
You can get them from the library too. And I believe that there are libraries out there that allow you to borrow Kindle books for free.

How To Check Out Library Books on Your Kindle for Free

Do not see any Davenport books though at Lake County Library for e-books.

The Best Websites for Finding, Downloading, Borrowing, Renting, and Purchasing eBooks

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 05-21-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, read, sandfords, golden, prey

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 PM.