Healthy Eating

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Default Healthy Eating

Many months ago I told some of you about a local resident who was writing a book about "Healthy Eating" NormaJean has finished the book and it will be available at Amazon next week.
It's title is "His Food". The cover image is attached.
A snipit of the text:

A Journey Begins

“Norma Jean,

…I had my yearly physical today and , like you, all my numbers were improved over the results from one year ago. Every category…was rated desirable or best. I told him (the doctor) it was the knowledge imparted through your class at The ( Lifelong) Learning College …”

Carol B.
The Villages, Fla.

Eating meals containing foods right for my blood type became a way of life many years ago. It was in a gym where many of us shared information about diet and health, when I first heard about “Eat Right 4 Your Type” by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo. The book explains the link our genetic heritage has to diet and how different foods affect each individual blood type. From Dr. D'Adamo, “Each blood type contains the genetic message of our ancestors' diets and behaviors, and though we're a long way away from early history, many of their traits still affect us.”

A friend with Type B blood once mentioned she never quite felt well after eating chicken. Chicken is an “avoid” food for that blood type yet for other blood types, it is fine. Another example of an “avoid” food for a particular blood type is gluten.

Gluten-free foods are everywhere today. The gluten found in wheat, barley and rye contain a specific type of lectin. Though other blood types can be sensitive to this lectin, it can be especially troublesome for those with blood type O. The lectin from gluten binds to the intestine, creating quite uncomfortable symptoms of bloating and indigestion and over time may cause damage to the intestinal wall. These are only two examples of how different blood types react to a lectin it senses as foreign, and affects a body system which in this latter case, is the intestine.

It did not take long for me to understand what one person can eat another cannot. The man in the gym was right. I was eating the wrong foods for my blood type and it all came down to the wrong protein .

When we think of protein, what comes to mind is chicken, beef, fish, eggs and dairy; but almost all foods contain protein in small amounts. For instance, there is 1.3 grams of protein in a banana and 2.1 grams of protein in a sweet potato; yet I rarely eat these foods because they are wrong for my blood type. These proteins in foods are known as lectins.

The body targets these foreign particles as the blood begins to clump the cells together in an effort to eliminate them. Dr. D'Adamo states, “…when you eat a food containing protein lectins that are incompatible with your blood type antigen, the lectins target an organ or bodily system (kidneys, liver, brain, stomach, etc.) and begin to agglutinate blood cells in that area.”

I recommend Dr. D’Adamo’s book for further under-standing of the science and the explanation of this process which affects our health in many ways.

She can be contacted at NormaJeanpub@gmx.com
for more information.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	book cover.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	4.63 MB
ID:	47584  

Last edited by jaringg; 03-17-2015 at 07:33 AM. Reason: changed info
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.