Lee Child's "Past Tense".

Lee Child's "Past Tense".

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Lee Child's "Past Tense".
  #1  
Old 12-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 40,066
Thanks: 372
Thanked 179 Times in 162 Posts
Thumbs up Lee Child's "Past Tense".

Past Tense (Jack Reacher Series #23) by Lee Child, Hardcover | Barnes & Noble(R)

If you like Jack Reacher, this is another one of Lee Child's entries about this anti-hero of sorts you will like.

Still have trouble picturing Tom Cruise as the film version of Reacher. Someone like The Rock would be much more appropriate even if he seems extremely busy of late.

Cannot wait for Reacher #24.

  #2  
Old 12-05-2018, 09:40 AM
fw102807
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Past Tense (Jack Reacher Series #23) by Lee Child, Hardcover | Barnes & Noble(R)

If you like Jack Reacher, this is another one of Lee Child's entries about this anti-hero of sorts you will like.

Still have trouble picturing Tom Cruise as the film version of Reacher. Someone like The Rock would be much more appropriate even if he seems extremely busy of late.

Cannot wait for Reacher #24.
I agree Tom Cruise would not be my choice. According to the books he was big and buff but not particularly handsome in a pretty way. I think more like David Boreanaz.
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 12-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 40,066
Thanks: 372
Thanked 179 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I agree Tom Cruise would not be my choice. According to the books he was big and buff but not particularly handsome in a pretty way. I think more like David Boreanaz.
David Boreanaz - Wikipedia

That seems like a more appropriate pick than Tom Cruise. Lee Child seemed OK with Cruise cast as Jack Reacher though. Kind of like chosing a chihuahua to play the part of a very muscular and well fed pit bull.
  #4  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:57 AM
JohnN's Avatar
JohnN JohnN is offline
Soaring Eagle member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Village of St. James
Posts: 2,482
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Lee Child is fabulous. Tom Cruise, not so much.
__________________
Chicago, IL
Little Rock, AR
Alpharetta, GA
Searcy, AR
Village of St.James, The Villages, FL
  #5  
Old 02-12-2019, 11:16 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 40,066
Thanks: 372
Thanked 179 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
Lee Child is fabulous. Tom Cruise, not so much.
I like some things about Tom Cruise, other things not so much.
  #6  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:34 PM
redwitch's Avatar
redwitch redwitch is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,085
Thanks: 0
Thanked 18 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I tried watching Tom Cruise as Reacher. Just didn’t work. Tom had the machismo and the swagger, but he just can’t be a convincing 6’5”, no matter how much they shoot up. Fortunately, I love to read and have enjoyed Lee Child for a long, long time, so will happily read Reacher whenever they hit paperback format.

I think The Rock has too much charisma and charm for Reacher. Boreanaz a much better choice. Nice guy but can be tough. Robert Mitchum or Lee Marvin would have been great as Reacher.
__________________
Army/embassy brat - traveled too much to mention
Moved here from SF Bay Area (East Bay)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
  #7  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 40,066
Thanks: 372
Thanked 179 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I tried watching Tom Cruise as Reacher. Just didn’t work. Tom had the machismo and the swagger, but he just can’t be a convincing 6’5”, no matter how much they shoot up. Fortunately, I love to read and have enjoyed Lee Child for a long, long time, so will happily read Reacher whenever they hit paperback format.

I think The Rock has too much charisma and charm for Reacher. Boreanaz a much better choice. Nice guy but can be tough. Robert Mitchum or Lee Marvin would have been great as Reacher.
Does not look like the next book -- Jack Reacher 24-- is not coming out until March 31, 2020.
  #8  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:24 AM
collie1228 collie1228 is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Villa San Antonio; Formerly Syracuse, New York
Posts: 1,086
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Jack Reacher was by far my fictional favorite character for the first five or six books, but I need at modicum of believably in my light reading, and Reacher, unfortunately, is no longer believable for me. He comes into a random town with no agenda, and always finds a major crime in-process, usually a major conspiracy of some kind, and solves it by using his military policeman detective skills and a lot of violence. Way too many coincidences for me. But I do love it when he kicks the snot out of several bad guys at once. Not believeable, but enjoyable.
  #9  
Old 02-13-2019, 10:25 AM
JP's Avatar
JP JP is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Village of St. James and Marquette, Michigan
Posts: 656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I didn't think I would enjoy Tom Cruise as Reacher but I thought he did a great job. Maybe the camera angles helped but I didn't think his size was a factor.
__________________
"I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work, the more I have of it." -Thomas Jefferson
  #10  
Old 02-13-2019, 01:01 PM
N44125's Avatar
N44125 N44125 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 500
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Last 2 books were ‘dull’.
Closed Thread

Tags
reacher, childs, lee, film, version

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.